British Speedway Forum

Wolves 2019

Yampy

If Nick can out score what his r/r has been getting then again stronger again .Its looking pretty good for wolves i have to say . Becker has proved me wrong big time made me eat my own words so to speak but thats great. Kyle seems to of hit a bit of a plateau in his career not really kicked on last or this season but still solid enough. Ashley Morris is a concern hopefully he can pick his form up starting tonight forĀ Ā the Brummies.

Note to Wolves season ticket holders you get Ā£2.50 off admission at Perry Barr all season if you show your ST on entrance .

Sorry my bad all Wolves season ticket holders will get concessions rate which is Ā£2.50 off if your under the age of concession.

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

53 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

If Nick can out score what his r/r has been getting then again stronger again .Its looking pretty good for wolves i have to say . Becker has proved me wrong big time made me eat my own words so to speak but thats great. Kyle seems to of hit a bit of a plateau in his career not really kicked on last or this season but still solid enough. Ashley Morris is a concern hopefully he can pick his form up starting tonight forĀ Ā the Brummies.

Note to Wolves season ticket holders you get Ā£2.50 off admission at Perry Barr all season if you show your ST on entrance .

Sorry my bad all Wolves season ticket holders will get concessions rate which is Ā£2.50 off if your under the age of concession.

I believe Ashley has said a lack of meetings so far this season has made it difficult for him to really get any momentum going. Hopefully he will get a few more meetings in with you guys over the coming weeks. The trouble with Ashley, in my opinion, is the standard of reserve in the top league this year is very good and he has the second lowest average.Ā Points this year are going to be very hard for him.Ā 

10 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

I only agreed with the tracks Jacob has limited or no experience on, most notably Ipswich. Otherwise I totally agree that Jacob makes us stronger overall, of that I have no doubt.

Was the point I was making earlier

Scott to me would do better than Jacob at Foxhall but overall you would have Jacob

17 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Come on guys this is 2019 not 2014Ā  i think it is unquestionable that Jacob is now a far better rider than Scott is nowadays. Jacob coming back in will really strengthen Wolves now both home and away .

Ā 

Assuming none of those variables in the everyday life of a speedway rider affect him: attitude, form, injury, illness, equipment, pay, travelling, home life etc.

Theyā€™re not just governed by their averages!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DC2 said:

Ā 

Assuming none of those variables in the everyday life of a speedway rider affect him: attitude, form, injury, illness, equipment, pay, travelling, home life etc.

Theyā€™re not just governed by their averages!

They did last season.. and he was still far better than Nicholls.

36 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

I don't think anyone is disputing that overall, just maybe 1 or 2 tracks that Jacob has never raced on. However looking at the bigger picture it is clearly the right move

Might want to check the Wolves Facebook groups. It's about 90% up in arms that Nicholls is the better rider home and away. Hilarious stuff.

As for the 'never raced' on. I don't buy that argument whatsoever. Especially when it's Foxhall and has changed anyway. Nicholls put in a sub standard display the other night. Thorssell would have to have had a bad night to only have achieved what Nicholls did.

Ā 

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

Might want to check the Wolves Facebook groups. It's about 90% up in arms that Nicholls is the better rider home and away. Hilarious stuff.

As for the 'never raced' on. I don't buy that argument whatsoever. Especially when it's Foxhall and has changed anyway. Nicholls put in a sub standard display the other night. Thorssell would have to have had a bad night to only have achieved what Nicholls did.

Ā 

I didn't realise that, not on Facebook thankfully

Just checked the latest rolling averages including last night's meeting and Jacob is now top of the averages.

I was quite shocked to see that we are currently 1.89 below the 42.5 limit, although after 3 successive defeats I guess it's not too surprising.

With only 2 meetings before the next official GSA's are issued, home to Peterborough and away at Poole, barring a miracle we will be way under the limit onĀ the 1st July.

What would you do to strengthen, if anything?

Personally I feel Ashley is a bit out of his depth this year and although I really like him, i would look at replacing him with someone like Jonas B Andersen who I was very impressed with last year.

The other option would be a no 1 but who is available and who would we drop?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Just checked the latest rolling averages including last night's meeting and Jacob is now top of the averages.

I was quite shocked to see that we are currently 1.89 below the 42.5 limit, although after 3 successive defeats I guess it's not too surprising.

With only 2 meetings before the next official GSA's are issued, home to Peterborough and away at Poole, barring a miracle we will be way under the limit onĀ the 1st July.

Personally I feel Ashley is a bit out of his depth this year and although I really like him, i would look at replacing him with someone like Jonas B Andersen who I was very impressed with last year.

Think we need do something.Frustrating to see how Ipswich can go to Belle Vue and run them so close when they ride on a similar sized and shaped track too monmore and we carnt get near 40pts at Belle Vue.:(

5 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

We should have gone for CookĀ 

If a stronger rider is available to replace Ashley Morris then we should do it.

Nick Morris needs to start showing some form in the next couple of meetings, he's had a couple to ease back in, now time to start stepping up to the plate.

Thorssell being top of the averages doesn't worry me. Whomever drops to No 3 will score big.

Ā 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

I don't think we will ever sign Cook as long as CVS and Pete are there. Who would you have got rid of to sign him?

You're probably right there but Cook arguably could've been a solid no1 when you consider the standard of the league nowadays. Masters hasn't been great unfortunately, especially away. I thought he might make the spot his own this season but he hasn't really progressed at all. Bit disappointing really.Ā 

Edited by Perton Wolf
  • Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 9:27 PM, Call me wolfie said:

I don't think we will ever sign Cook as long as CVS and Pete are there. Who would you have got rid of to sign him?

I know what you mean but some, me included, never thought we would sign Schlein. Regarding Masters he has been disappointing so far and gone backwards.