British Speedway Forum

Wolves 2019

Yampy

On 5/12/2019 at 12:58 AM, BWitcher said:

I see the spin doctors are at work to make Thorssell look like the bad guy here... makes me worry it's to cover up not bringing him back.. which would be ridiculous.

There maybe some truth in it, he only got 1 point from 3 rides in Poland at the weekend

7 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

There maybe some truth in it, he only got 1 point from 3 rides in Poland at the weekend

I don't read much into that score - he only had one race win in 38 rides in Poland last year.

5 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Of course.

Jacob has always displayed a reluctance to ride for Wolverhampton, it's completely in character.

Maybe it's not his choice, Pete and CVS will only want him back when he's fully fit, I'm sure they will have spoken to PK as he rode for Dackarna last week.

I agree, if it was up to Jacob he would have been back already

5 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Maybe it's not his choice, Pete and CVS will only want him back when he's fully fit, I'm sure they will have spoken to PK as he rode for Dackarna last week.

I agree, if it was up to Jacob he would have been back already

That's the point I was making.. Spin.

As long as he isn't loaned out somewhere.

It seemed to be confirmed in the post meeting interviews last night that Scott is indeed only in as temporary injury cover for Jacob.

Meanwhile I heard that Nick Morris is back in the UK and has been spending time with Doyle in an oxygen tent to help the bone healing process. There is talk of a possible return for the bank holiday meetings with Belle Vue

Just now, Call me wolfie said:

It seemed to be confirmed in the post meeting interviews last night that Scott is indeed only in as temporary injury cover for Jacob.

Meanwhile I heard that Nick Morris is back in the UK and has been spending time with Doyle in an oxygen tent to help the bone healing process. There is talk of a possible return for the bank holiday meetings with Belle Vue

Did Scott say that? 

Have they not given him the script?

It's reported Peter Adams says different in his programme notes/spin.

No, Ryan Guest said to Scott you've been brought in as a temporary replacement for Jacob but you must be hoping it can become permanent. All Scott said was he will always try 100% whoever he's riding for but obviously he'd be delighted if he does stay.

There were, I have to stay, a lot of cheers when he said that. 

3 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

No, Ryan Guest said to Scott you've been brought in as a temporary replacement for Jacob but you must be hoping it can become permanent. All Scott said was he will always try 100% whoever he's riding for but obviously he'd be delighted if he does stay.

There were, I have to stay, a lot of cheers when he said that. 

I've no doubt there were. There aren't many fans left with any actual intelligence :)

If Nicholls ended up moving to No 1 or 5 and his scoring dropped they'd soon change their minds. They simply compare his scores at 3/4 to those of Thorssell at No 1 and think they are comparable in some way.

Don't get me wrong. I like Scott Nicholls and he is doing a good job BUT he is not as good as Jacob Thorssell at this stage of his career, especially at Monmore.

On 5/14/2019 at 3:59 PM, BWitcher said:

I've no doubt there were. There aren't many fans left with any actual intelligence :)

If Nicholls ended up moving to No 1 or 5 and his scoring dropped they'd soon change their minds. They simply compare his scores at 3/4 to those of Thorssell at No 1 and think they are comparable in some way.

Don't get me wrong. I like Scott Nicholls and he is doing a good job BUT he is not as good as Jacob Thorssell at this stage of his career, especially at Monmore.

I totally get what you are saying

Nicholls at home scoring 11+2, 9+2, 12+1 and 9+2....are scores from the number 3 position that Thorsell would be expected to score.

Away though Scott has 13+1 and 9+1 and sometimes its away form that counts

Having said that i agree that if Scott moved to number one he may struggle to replicate those scores where (especially at home) Jacob would score more. Scott currently avoids the generally harder heat 13...his 4th ride at the moment is against the opposition numbers 3 and 6 ...easier than facing the opponents 1 and 5

I would also say Scott is outscoring what Morris would have done (my opinion of course)

45 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I totally get what you are saying

Nicholls at home scoring 11+2, 9+2, 12+1 and 9+2....are scores from the number 3 position that Thorsell would be expected to score.

Away though Scott has 13+1 and 9+1 and sometimes its away form that counts

Having said that i agree that if Scott moved to number one he may struggle to replicate those scores where (especially at home) Jacob would score more. Scott currently avoids the generally harder heat 13...his 4th ride at the moment is against the opposition numbers 3 and 6 ...easier than facing the opponents 1 and 5

I would also say Scott is outscoring what Morris would have done (my opinion of course)

The thing is, Thorssell at 3 or 4 was scoring more than that.. that would be the minimum he'd be expected to score. His away form at that position was good too.

I disagree on Morris. He is super fast around Monmore and again riding at 3 or 4 his scores would be very high. He is, like Thorssell, another with an average lower due to a season riding at 1/5.