British Speedway Forum

Wolves 2019

Yampy

On 12/5/2018 at 12:20 AM, INCOGNITO said:

It's not fantasy and is an option any team would consider as he is not only entertaining but also capable of being one of the best in the league.  However including Piotr would mean no return for one of Jacob or Rory and one is almost part of the family and one considered by the management as the backbone of the club on and off the track.

if he is looking at Britain as a way of getting more meetings then he will surely be a target of another track if Wolves don't take him on or could they use him as part of a swap deal with another club ? Whoever they get they will have a solid top four all capable of good scores and in Becker and Howarth they have potential to improve and without much pressure. 

Basically they hey have exchanged two mediocre riders in Jonas B Andersen and Nathan Greaves for two Internationals of Nick Morris and Luke Becker which is a big improvement on the 2018 team that lacked back up to the top three. 

So if Pawklicki signing is NOT a fantasy, then what % chance would you say there is of him (a) riding for Wolves in 2019 and (b) riding for another premiership team ?

17 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Depends how you understand what Louis has said. Schlein was at Wolves last season but King's Lynn is his club as an asset.

As I understand it Rory holds his own registration as he bought it when the bspa held it and is in fact a free agent. Since joining Wolves he has been very happy and has said he could finish his career there and CVS has said what a pleasure he has been to deal with and has been a good team man taking over the PK role. Would be suprised if either party wanted to seperate and Parrys International Coaches also personally sponsor him and Jacob Thorssell. in fact with the open day at Parrys scheduled for January then its no suprise these are being kept back to fall in line with the sponsorship deal.

Pawlicki would have been (and may still be) a great signing and would have challenged for the top average in the league if he rode here but also is a true racer and great to watch, but yet again we have the situation of trying to persuade a big name to ride here on inferior tracks and lower wages and sponsorships. If he was available I would have gone with him and Thorssell leaving the decision between Masters and Schlein.

Whichever way they go they have vastly improved the side with two very good and potential signings replacing Andersen and Greaves who are really both reserve standard and Nathan really needs a full season in the Championship.

1 SAM MASTERS 8.11

2 KYLE HOWARTH 4.84

3 JACOB THORSSELL 7.25

4 RORY SCHLEIN 7.92

5 NICK MORRIS 6.60

6 LUKE BECKER 4.00

7 ASHLEY MORRIS 3.54

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, T.N.T. said:

As I understand it Rory holds his own registration as he bought it when the bspa held it and is in fact a free agent.

I would quedtion that as my understanding is that a rider cannot hold their own registration and that it must be in the control of a registered promoter

4 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I would quedtion that as my understanding is that a rider cannot hold their own registration and that it must be in the control of a registered promoter

Not sure about that as I am sure Jason Crump bought and owned his own contract.  It would make sense for all riders to refuse to sign ownership contracts and just sign for a club for a specific period, the same as most self employed people do.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Not sure about that as I am sure Jason Crump bought and owned his own contract.  It would make sense for all riders to refuse to sign ownership contracts and just sign for a club for a specific period.

I believe it was previously possible but the loophole closed when it was seen that it would be very advantageous to riders and effectively end the 'asset' system which underpins the promoters position

Edit

An perfect up to date example is Drew Kemp. I understand he ideally only wanted to sign a 3 month contract to ride for Ipswich at the end of 2018 but it was ruled he had to sign his registration over to a club or not be alliwed to ride

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I believe it was previously possible but the loophole closed when it was seen that it would be very advantageous to riders and effectively end the 'asset' system which underpins the promoters position

Which is why the riders are daft to sign such contracts, if they all stood together and refused to sign the present contracts they would have a bit more clout.  If they are happy to be "owned" by a promoter and told what they can and cannot do then that is up to them.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Which is why the riders are daft to sign such contracts, if they all stood together and refused to sign the present contracts they would have a bit more clout.  If they are happy to be "owned" by a promoter and told what they can and cannot do then that is up to them.

I agree AO

Would only work if they all did it - a few on their own would simply be frozen out

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Can riders from 16 years of age just refuse to sign any contract so not be an asset of any club?

Obviously I’m not including current riders already signed up.

No as per my edit which I hadnt finished before AOs reply

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Think it applies when the BSPA hold their registration due to track closure and riders can buy out their register which a few have done and Rory falls into that bracket so negotiations are straight with the rider, not a promoter than no longer promotes

12 minutes ago, INCOGNITO said:

Think it applies when the BSPA hold their registration due to track closure and riders can buy out their register which a few have done and Rory falls into that bracket so negotiations are straight with the rider, not a promoter than no longer promotes

Which if correct makes a new rider (or any other rider for that matter) not being allowed to illegal surely......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Which if correct makes a new rider (or any other rider for that matter) not being allowed to illegal surely......

New riders sign for a club in the league and operating .

remember it's not ownership it's holding the registration 

1 minute ago, INCOGNITO said:

New riders sign for a club in the league and operating .

remember it's not ownership it's holding the registration 

Irrelevant

If a rider can buy their own registration from the BSPA then why shouldnt a new rider retain their own registration from the outset

15 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Irrelevant

If a rider can buy their own registration from the BSPA then why shouldnt a new rider retain their own registration from the outset

If enough of the existing riders ignore and dump the registration then new ones could refuse to sign one.  If the majority did it the bspa would have to accept it or run with a couple of clubs.  The rest could form their own leagues and continue riding.