British Speedway Forum

Wolves 2019

Yampy

54 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Looks a pretty poor team so far... surprising as Wolves normally put together good sidesĀ 

The time to make a comment is when all teams are complete. However, I think most people would agree that Morris and Howarth can significantly increase their averages.

• Like 1

So all the rumours about Nick Morris were justified and he is surely a good signing coming in on an average below 7.

The club are saying no more announcements for a few days while they weigh up their options. And the key will be whether to retain Thorsell or Schlein or both. I suspect both will have had interest from other clubs. If we were to sign both then Morris and Howarth would be in the team as second strings, and I doubt there would be many clubs that would have an all round team that strong. If Becker lives up to expectations at reserve then it looks very promising.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DJWolves said:

So all the rumours about Nick Morris were justified and he is surely a good signing coming in on an average below 7.

The club are saying no more announcements for a few days while they weigh up their options. And the key will be whether to retain Thorsell or Schlein or both. I suspect both will have had interest from other clubs. If we were to sign both then Morris and Howarth would be in the team as second strings, and I doubt there would be many clubs that would have an all round team that strong. If Becker lives up to expectations at reserve then it looks very promising.

In that case I would suspect we have other options (Pawlicki?) Otherwise Jacob would be a certainty on his average compared to Rory

Add Ricky Wells (5.43)Ā to that team with one ofĀ Thorsell,Ā Schlien orĀ even PiotrĀ Pawlicki (8.00 at the most) and if Wolves find a rider with an average between Wells & Howarth, Howarth starts at reserve.

I guess they are waiting on a yes/no from Pawlicki.

Edited by Col
  • Like 1

Thorssell is an absolute must signing on his average. With him in the side it would give Morris, Thorssell and Howarth all with scope to increase their averages, potentially significantly.

If Becker is a 4.00 and gets dialled in to Monmore he too could improve.

A VERY good looking team so far.

• Like 4