British Speedway Forum

Celebrity fans

17 minutes ago, ChrisSimpson said:

Carl Foggerty has had a few spins most recently with Ride and Skid It at Buxton Speedway

Off topic but I really fancy a go at this, in fact I'm definitely going to sort it out before I hit 60, so sometime in the next 16 months.  Have always felt I could've been a contender, time to put it to the test.:unsure:

14 minutes ago, bruno said:

Same here ,I had a go some 40 years ago and have had road bikes up to this day. I've got 4 lads 32,30 and 27 who all reckon they could beat their old dad easily although only one of them has ever rode a motorbike. Could be a great day out 

Well I've no offspring, so if you need someone to make up the numbers give me a shout when you're going and I'll try to get along there so we can show your boys the quickest way round Buxton.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevehone said:

Jimmy White was at Wimbledon now and again, but never seemed to move away from the bar at the top of the grandstand, doubt he was there for the racing.

Thanks Steve

As the person wrote speedway rather than dogs,which is easier to write I didn’t doubt they knew what they went to see.And I guess it is possible that he was going before he was old enough to be bothered about what they were selling at the bar or what the American riders were using to enhance their performance!!

Stuart Pearce watched Belle Vue sometimes as did Elbow's Guy Garvey..ex legend Don Rogers is a regular at Swindon. John Lennon visited Fleetwood speedway.

Rob Elliott, Newcastle Goalkeeper used to follow I think Lakeside, but we haven't seen him at Newcastle yet. Also the famous Geordie Runner, Mark Allison, who is always running across continents to raise massive amounts for charity, attends every home meeting when he is not running. Great Guy. 

Edited by Tsunami

Freddie Starr used to pop in to Owlerton when he had a week's booking at the Sheffield Fiesta night club. He always did 10 minutes or so larking about on the centre green to entertain the crowd. He was on the front page of the SS once, along with Reg Wilson and Terry Betts. Three look-a-likes. Happy days.

3 minutes ago, Blackadder said:

Freddie Starr used to pop in to Owlerton when he had a week's booking at the Sheffield Fiesta night club. He always did 10 minutes or so larking about on the centre green to entertain the crowd. He was on the front page of the SS once, along with Reg Wilson and Terry Betts. Three look-a-likes. Happy days.

I remember he bought Tony Davey a bike once when news got back to him that Tony was having difficulties raising cash for a new bike after experiencing machinery problems (1978?)

44 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

I remember he bought Tony Davey a bike once when news got back to him that Tony was having difficulties raising cash for a new bike after experiencing machinery problems (1978?)

I remember that. It's long puzzled me that the likes of Freddie Starr, Jim Davidson and Michael Barrymore gave their time generously, but have been shunned by the entertainment industry, but others with chequered pasts such as Russell Brand, Katie Price, Jonathan Ross, Rev. Richard Coles and Michael Jackson have not.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WembleyLion said:

Eddie Kidd used to stand on the terraces at White City.

I recall Greg Lake (Emerson, Lake and Palmer) was a Poole fan.

I remember watching Eddie Kidd perforning a jump on his motor bike at Wood Lane during the interval once.

7 hours ago, Blackadder said:

I remember that. It's long puzzled me that the likes of Freddie Starr, Jim Davidson and Michael Barrymore gave their time generously, but have been shunned by the entertainment industry, but others with chequered pasts such as Russell Brand, Katie Price, Jonathan Ross, Rev. Richard Coles and Michael Jackson have not.

Rev Richard Coles??? please explain

14 hours ago, Blackadder said:

I remember that. It's long puzzled me that the likes of Freddie Starr, Jim Davidson and Michael Barrymore gave their time generously, but have been shunned by the entertainment industry

Well,,,,

Freddie Starr, alleged kiddie fiddler

Barrymore, Google Stuart Lubbock

Davidson, seen by many as a racist bigot