British Speedway Forum

Lakeside vs Newcastle/Peterborough sat 15th @Rye house

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

Could he afford it ? ;₩

What would he need? £120 £160?

Cant have been great numbers involved (which makes Lakesides position even more ridiculous)

• Like 1

A bit of general info for those of you who've not been to Rye before. Personally I don't think the catering is as good as you had at the Arena, also the toilets aren't good and lastly I saw a few people with dogs last night they aren't allowed in at Rye even if kept on a lead. That said let's hope we have a good night of Speedway, that Lakeside can win both meetings and fingers crossed the evening will end before 11pm.

Could this be the first meeting to go on past midnight,,not impossible with the minimal medical care tracks can afford these days,,It will be tough for the Hammers with probably two team members missing ,and two meetings to get through,,We have to hope that they are both good safe matches tonight,,

24 minutes ago, waco said:

Could this be the first meeting to go on past midnight,,not impossible with the minimal medical care tracks can afford these days,,It will be tough for the Hammers with probably two team members missing ,and two meetings to get through,,We have to hope that they are both good safe matches tonight,,

I've been to double headers at White City that went on past midnight. Hopefully we will be finished before the witching hour tonight!

I can't go as I will be working tonight but I cannot imagine this meeting being allowed to go beyond 11pm with so many houses near by, I know there is no curfew as such but I wouldn't be surprised if the second meeting is called after ten heats.

City Rebel your showing your age with White City,,.i remember seeing Hans Nielsen riding there a long time ago...that one did not go past midnight ,,thank God............And Marko. you could well be right about 10 heats in match two........

Edited by waco
add on

3 minutes ago, marko said:

I can't go as I will be working tonight but I cannot imagine this meeting being allowed to go beyond 11pm with so many houses near by, I know there is no curfew as such but I wouldn't be surprised if the second meeting is called after ten heats.

One of the main reasons I’m not bothering. Pay full whack to watch a team I’m not interested in (no offence Newcastle) and then possibly only see a handful of heats with the panthers in it

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, waco said:

City Rebel your showing your age with White City,,.i remember seeing Hans Nielsen riding there a long time ago...that one did not go past midnight ,,thank God............And Marko. you could well be right about 10 heats in match two........

I started at a young age, so i go back further than that. I went to the last ever meeting at West Ham and the first at Arena. It's very rare for one track to close, and another to reopen the following night. I hope the move is a success for the club.