British Speedway Forum

Ipswich v Glasgow Thursday 13th

Laobob

4 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

There's a problem. Ipswich ride Thursday nights and there's only one place down south to go then...………………..

Swindon ?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, BigBoaby said:

Re the above in answer to another poster saying Rory's average on the BSPA website is over 9.

I should say straight off that I don't know.  I used to understand the GSA averages and unless my memory is becoming even more fuzzy it used to be quite simple.  However these days are the averages not on something like a 12 month rolling average (I don't know cos I lost interest in all that stuff when it became too complicated) which seems to partly account for disparities in a rider's actual scoring average for this season so far.  Then there's whether it includes bonus points for team building, and reductions for this and that.  And of course whether it includes only League matches or also including KO Cup and other matches.

Apologies, I'm sure that was of absolutely no help whatsoever.  :D 

I gave up trying to explain the averages system to friends and workmates a long time ago.

The official Green Sheets are compiled monthly - up to 23rd - effective from the 1st of the following month.

Also shown on the BSPA site are averages calculated up to the last meeting ridden by a Club. These give an indication of current form and likely future averages, but have no official meaning whatever.

The Green Sheets are calculated over the last 20 meetings, League only in Premiership, League and Shield qualifiers in the Championship.

So in essence the 1st October GSAs will be the final ones for 2018 and the opening ones for 2019 (unless the final PL match of the year takes place after 23rd September.

Edited by NeilWatson
Addition
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

The official Green Sheets are compiled monthly - up to 23rd - effective from the 1st of the following month.

Also shown on the BSPA site are averages calculated up to the last meeting ridden by a Club. These give an indication of current form and likely future averages, but have no official meaning whatever.

The Green Sheets are calculated over the last 20 meetings, League only in Premiership, League and Shield qualifiers in the Championship.

So in essence the 1st October GSAs will be the final ones for 2018 and the opening ones for 2019 (unless the final PL match of the year takes place after 23rd September.

Thanks for clarifying.

Doesn't look as if it's that far removed from the rules of yesteryear so probably just my imagination that it seems as though it takes longer for averages to change when big improvements in form or of course dips in form.  Although I think it used to be in a new season the new GSA took effect based on was it first 6 matches so I guess that was maybe quicker to show up changes in form in a new season compared with now last 20 meetings and stretching back to matches in the previous season.