British Speedway Forum

Ipswich v Glasgow Thursday 13th

Laobob

1 minute ago, New era Panthers said:

Nice to hear you're taking it sportingly in the right manner , think you need to lighten  up a bit though or you will be making yourself ill.

Let them carry on , makes it all the more sweeter lol 

• Like 1

Just now, cyclone said:

Glasgow coming good at the business end and signing Cookie has galvanised the rest of their team, especially Harris.

Starke has also now come to the fore and is in effect a decent third heat leader.

If Worky & Glasgow are kept apart in the Play-Off semis, I would expect an Northern Final, as both should be too hot for either Panthers or Hammers to handle over 2 legs.

The only caveat to my prediction would be if Panthers were to grab Kemp as their  guest reserve before the Tigers;) 

Kemp will be much sought after , after his performance at Glasgow the other week , and in the same pits as the Glasgow promotion tonight 

5 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Nice to hear you're taking it sportingly in the right manner , think you need to lighten  up a bit though or you will be making yourself ill.

No making about it he is ill.

At the thought we have a chance of winning it , you can feel there pain and how joyous it is.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Cookie loaned out a few of his 600cc to his team mates? 

Get them checked.

Too late we were out the pits in jig time after the meeting and are now on our way to our country hotel in the middle of nowhere that nobody knows where.

Just thought I'd mention it in case this came up.

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

Team needs a shake up in the winter.

Are Riss and Mason that suited to riding for us?

To me only Drew and Coty should be back next season with maybe Rory and Nico. 

A big hitter at 1 is needed. Don’t know who but maybe Lawson will come. Should leave us enough to play with but don’t know who I would want 

Surely Scheiln is a big hitter ?!!!

3 hours ago, Solidmango said:

Ooft, what a result. If Lakeside win their 3 'home' matches and Workington beat Newcastle away and win at home then Edinburgh miss out! 

worky @ newcastle no klindt. nl guest . no dan and no ty .  r/r for one a.t.m . so it looks like worky are toast , as they say . 

One or two comments that the few good scraps meant the meeting entertainment was as good as normal

I would say those were despite conditions rather than as a result of

There was little real chance of passing IMO - hats off to those that managed it

Fair play to Bob the trackman for giving the fan a walk and talk about why he couldnt water at the interval. However the time for the water had indeed passed - that was needed hours earlier

When you have dust on the parade lap on a day with no weather issues affecting prep it cant be right - can it?

• Like 2

Showing that fan the slick line into the corner was a bit of a  cop out.  Of course it will be too slippery watering on that, but what about the outside of the corners where most witches and riders do their work?   And as already said, it was far to dry to start with. I think the comment of I'm the trackman and i will water when I want just about sums it up.

I think for a fair few fans on Saturday it will be a case of its my money and i will spend it on what I want, and it won't be to watch speedway at Foxhall.

• Like 2