British Speedway Forum

Poole 2019

Aviator

8 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

Surely Matt Ford has made a 'stupid' offer to his best mate Sholvar to buy the club...an offer which includes a clause which stipulates Star'boy'2006 has to be taken on as the tea lady:rofl:

Seriously though, does anyone really think Matt Ford will just walk away and let Poole Speedway fold if a buyer hasn't come forward before the end of next season?  Matt Ford loves the club and has personally invested heavily in it since 1998 when he took over with Mike Golding.  It would be like flushing (quite possibly) hundreds of thousand of £'s down the loo and watching the business he built up over the past 20 years crumble into the ground.  No (business) sense in that whatsoever.

As for our potential team for 2019 which many are touting...i.e. Brady, Jack H, NJB, Covatti, Josh, Nikolai and Stevie W...IMO it would perform fine in the watered down SGB Premiership we now have.  The demise of the top tier of British speedway over the past years has been sad to watch, but we can only put together a team of riders that are wiling to ride and wear the skull and cross bones in the current financial climate.

UP THE PIRATES! :t:

You have the wrong twin there mate, Richie not Stevie!! :D

9 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

Surely Matt Ford has made a 'stupid' offer to his best mate Sholvar to buy the club...an offer which includes a clause which stipulates Star'boy'2006 has to be taken on as the tea lady:rofl:

Seriously though, does anyone really think Matt Ford will just walk away and let Poole Speedway fold if a buyer hasn't come forward before the end of next season?  Matt Ford loves the club and has personally invested heavily in it since 1998 when he took over with Mike Golding.  It would be like flushing (quite possibly) hundreds of thousand of £'s down the loo and watching the business he built up over the past 20 years crumble into the ground.  No (business) sense in that whatsoever.

As for our potential team for 2019 which many are touting...i.e. Brady, Jack H, NJB, Covatti, Josh, Nikolai and Stevie W...IMO it would perform fine in the watered down SGB Premiership we now have.  The demise of the top tier of British speedway over the past years has been sad to watch, but we can only put together a team of riders that are wiling to ride and wear the skull and cross bones in the current financial climate.

UP THE PIRATES! :t:

I can only image that might happen if the club makes a profit in 2019. Nobody in their right mind will continue with a business if it has to be bankrolled.

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yeah probably worst top two in the league 

Not having that, think Jack will take the No1 jacket in his stride. By the end of the season he'll have an extra point on his starting average no problem. 

Out of the side's assembled so far i would say Poole have the weakest team.Also i think the Poole track has to be improved to see the best of Jack Holder saying that i believe he will have a great season and onwards and upwards for him.For me Klindt Grajczonek,Worrall, are the weak links  and heats 13/15 are going to be hard work for them.

9 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Out of the side's assembled so far i would say Poole have the weakest team.Also i think the Poole track has to be improved to see the best of Jack Holder saying that i believe he will have a great season and onwards and upwards for him.For me Klindt Grajczonek,Worrall, are the weak links  and heats 13/15 are going to be hard work for them.

You would hope Brady would be in those heats. 

12 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

very similar side as to the start of last season loads of if and buts just my opinion  ps as somebody pointed out on a earlier post heat 13 and 15 could be hard work ?

Edited by ray c

35 minutes ago, ray c said:

very similar side as to the start of last season loads of if and buts just my opinion  ps as somebody pointed out on a earlier post heat 13 and 15 could be hard work ?

I understand why Matt has assembled the side,to cut down on costs and that is the right thing to do in this particular climate.Holder and Brady i really like as riders and both have huge potential and being a speedway fan i want both to kick on if they do Poole will be a FORCE.

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

It has its weakness and strengths. 

Your banking on every guy getting at least 5 per meeting. ( I mean that we want 46 points but no one is having a shocker). 

If Jack and Brady really hit the levels they are expected to then be afraid. ( that’s a big if though). 

Everyone seems to forgot that Josh is only one year removed from number 1/5 at Somerset. Also Klindt and Josh rode at 8 plus for last part of the season. They can both be 7 point riders In this league. 

Richie once confirmed needs to step up. Is an 8 point rider in champ which imo should mean your about 6-6.5 in prem at least. Needs to hit that level. 

NBJ might be signing of the off season on that stupid average. He was a 5.00 rider at least at Rye. 

And well Covatti could be awesome or average. Goes well at Poole. 

Advantages of this team= Experience, Strengh in depth, home track should be a fortress, potential for 4/5 guys to put 1 point on average. 

In the middle= our Reserves could beat Doyle/ lambert 1 minute then lose to NL rider the next. 

Disadvantages= Lack of true out and out number 1 (on day 1), 13/15 heats. 

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I agree but he needs support. 

Your team is strong enough throughout for the support. If Kurtz can't score double points he'll be good for 6-7 as will Klindt and Grajczonek and Worrall most weeks. Covatti and Jakobsen are good for 10 between them.

That alone adds up to 48 points a meeting. To get a win, nobody has to score double figures.

Poole have the strength in depth to have meetings rapped up by the worrying heats 13 and 15. Even when Holder and Kurtz comes up against Doyle and Batchelor they will not be 5-1'd, even away. Batchelor is regularly a flop in the bigger races.

Poole are solid, no concerns in not making the top 4.

26 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Your team is strong enough throughout for the support. If Kurtz can't score double points he'll be good for 6-7 as will Klindt and Grajczonek and Worrall most weeks. Covatti and Jakobsen are good for 10 between them.

That alone adds up to 48 points a meeting. To get a win, nobody has to score double figures.

Poole have the strength in depth to have meetings rapped up by the worrying heats 13 and 15. Even when Holder and Kurtz comes up against Doyle and Batchelor they will not be 5-1'd, even away. Batchelor is regularly a flop in the bigger races.

Poole are solid, no concerns in not making the top 4.

I think Holder/ Kurtz have to score ten plus most weeks to make the playoffs especially away from home that could be a problem for them.