British Speedway Forum

Poole 2019

Aviator

2 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

My thoughts exactly. Not impressed by the rumoured team. 

It’s not how you start it’s how you finish. Thought everyone had worked that out after last season. Team is going to be solid with strong reserves.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It’s not how you start it’s how you finish. Thought everyone had worked that out after last season. Team is going to be solid with strong reserves.

Let’s hope for  the sake of Speedway it’s not the finish and some soft ass will give Matt a few notes for it.  How about you Shovvy, you are always giving it the big un.  Time to ‘invest’ in your Club ?

Edited by semion
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, semion said:

Let’s hope for  the sake of Speedway it’s not the finish and some soft ass will give Matt a few notes for it.  How about you Shovvy, you are always giving it the big un.  Time to ‘invest’ in your Club ?

I invest in it by paying £18 plus a program every week. Why would I want a wage cut and stress when what I do now is far more lucrative 52 weeks of the year?

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Dont have the time or the inclination. 

Im sure someone else will have

If not you will have a couple of hours and £20+ a week extra to work with

15 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There still scratching there heads as to how its done Steve. Nothing changes there..:rofl:

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

There still scratching there heads as to how its done Steve. Nothing changes there..:rofl:

Yes we all have no idea how it works we all think that whoever is top of the league in May is the champions.............are you telling us all that even if you are bottom early on like Kings Lynn were, that you can actually finish top come September...............i never ever knew that and im sure that all the fans of other clubs are content that you made us aware of this....thank you

Though i do seem to remember that before a wheel was turned last season that yourself and Mr Shovlar were telling everybody that the Poole 1-7 to start the season would blow everybody away.....that it was a 1-7 far superior to everyone elses team (i mean Shovlar even changed his avatar to the magnificent 7 they were that good)......................there was no mention then of 'its what happens at then end of the season' .......................i guess you have decided to change your outlook

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Yes we all have no idea how it works we all think that whoever is top of the league in May is the champions.............are you telling us all that even if you are bottom early on like Kings Lynn were, that you can actually finish top come September...............i never ever knew that and im sure that all the fans of other clubs are content that you made us aware of this....thank you

Though i do seem to remember that before a wheel was turned last season that yourself and Mr Shovlar were telling everybody that the Poole 1-7 to start the season would blow everybody away.....that it was a 1-7 far superior to everyone elses team (i mean Shovlar even changed his avatar to the magnificent 7 they were that good)......................there was no mention then of 'its what happens at then end of the season' .......................i guess you have decided to change your outlook

Still won the league tho, how many clubs keep there starting 1-7 for what ever reason. ?. Hmm You sound like a very jealous person who just cannot get over it. Nevermind, keep going it will be March soon, 8 will become 9.. ..:rofl:

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

As it seems Swindon can't fit Stefan Neilsen in their team , i think it would be terrific if he came back to to Poole and i think he could put at least a point on his average.

Agreed 100% would love to see stefan back and would def improve like you say

I know of someone who was looking at Sponsoring Poole before Volvo picked it up as a tax break and after looking at the demographic of the supporters and speaking with another big firm who sponsor another club/riders they decided that putting money into the sport would not reflect well on there company.  One thing he said to me was after reading message boards (It was the poole one at the time) was that it was like listening to kids squabble in the playground.

I had a meeting with him for some projects i have with them in the next few months and mentioned in passing that the club was for sale - He laughed and said no fool will buy it - Cant really argue with it can you. Hopefully someone will though as it would be a shame to see it disapeer. 

• Like 1