British Speedway Forum

Poole 2019

Aviator

If Nielsen is Swindon bound then maybe it is Jake Allen. Higher av at 4.56 but MAYBE better potential and would give stronger pairing. Maybe also makes sense if May/Ford already sorted out fixing up some of the Somerset team for 2019 fairly early as they knew in advance they would be dropping to Champ.

Was said on here after last night that Matt already had his 7 sorted and just waiting some contracts back (plus one who wants unreasonable terms).

Would make a lot of sense getting 3 of them in Covatti/Allen and Holder Jr. Maybe all 3 were sorted (sub contract signing) some time ago as well known Matt tries to finalise things well in advance. Perhaps him and May had talks way before now knowing they were dropping down.

I know Somerset had Doyle but easy to forget how well they did all season as a team and only just (and some would say unluckily) came up short. Still Won the KO Cup though despite just missing the Prem Final.

2 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Just more reference Covatti. And Yes, this is the champ stats but I think thats more of a 

Last season in champ he scored in 2 meetings at pboro he got 15 +2= so 7.50 a meeting. 

At Ipswitch, he was averaging 7.09 a points. 

Might help on our away visits. 

In his time with Ipswich it has been away from home where he has been strongest

There were many times he was highest scorer

No way I can see Cook at Poole.

This all seems to have blown up in the last days and only today has it really been confirmed he won't be riding there. His latest  tweet only 36 mins ago to confirm it. He seems genuinely upset the way he has been treated.

If as mentioned Matt already had his 7 sorted for a while then one would expect Cook not to have been part of that plan. Plus I doubt anyone could have forseen him riding anywhere but BV as he has that club running through his veins.

Could all be smoke and mirrors of course but from his tone he seems genuinely upset as is one of his main sponsors who have also gone on to their twitter page about it in the last 40 mins or so.

10 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

No way I can see Cook at Poole.

This all seems to have blown up in the last days and only today has it really been confirmed he won't be riding there. His latest  tweet only 36 mins ago to confirm it. He seems genuinely upset the way he has been treated.

If as mentioned Matt already had his 7 sorted for a while then one would expect Cook not to have been part of that plan. Plus I doubt anyone could have forseen him riding anywhere but BV as he has that club running through his veins.

Could all be smoke and mirrors of course but from his tone he seems genuinely upset as is one of his main sponsors who have also gone on to their twitter page about it in the last 40 mins or so.

No me neither, if we couldn't fit Harris on his average why have Cook on a very similar average.

10 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

There is a proper big number one there potentially .....I really think he's better value than Harris or Hans but we will see 

agree I think he is lets be honest not many places left for him to go . unless he has already done a deal somewhere ?

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Cook is going to Ipswich - at least that was the whisper at the quiz night yesterday.

Should have been Doyle to Ippo but couldn't agree the finance!!

Craig will definitely need to reassess his demands in order to become a Witch! :)

• Haha 1