British Speedway Forum

Poole 2019

Aviator

30 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Not done enough in Prem for me yet to warrant anything special. He needs to show his POL form consistently to prove he worth more money. Even then these guys would be deluded to think UK can pay big bucks.

far to inconsistent to warrant big money shame james probably not at poole next season Swindon might be his destiny might get better looked after there 

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Surely Shovlar will stump up the £35k from his fine arts garage? He thinks Woryna is the next big thing, a World Champion in waiting.  :)

Woryna upped his average a fair bit in 2018. More than likely done his job in 2018 on a bargain average. I doubt he will be back now his average is over 6.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

So i thought go onto the Poole online shop might be some bits to buy for Christmas or some presents well what a fkn joke that is so Champions and you have a crap store with nothing in stock at this time of year absolutely pi33 poor. Disgusting! 

I’ve just had a look at http://www.poolepirates.co/store.html

There’s loads there although, not surprisingly, some sizes are out of stock. As there’s no pop up shop - maybe Matt’s too busy with his new business - then it’s unlikely they’d have reordered in the hope of an occasional buyer. 

What’s available from other teams?

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Matt said last night at the fans quiz night that his preferred 1-7 was in place, but still awaiting the return of all contracts. There is one rider who is being a little unrealistic with his financial demands, so reading between the lines there could still be a change of mind.

Matt confirmed that Covatti on 4.70 would be the 'senior' reserve. 

No price increases for admission in 2019 - season tickets available very soon before Christmas.

2 new co-promoters (not owners) to be confirmed soon. They will take responsibility for the day to day admin in 2019. Matt will fly in for home meetings.

He also mentioned that Chris Holder is currently staying with him before flying back to Australia for their summer as he has sold his UK house.

PS. The 'chat' amongst fans, sponsors, mechanics and some former riders last night was that neither Kacper Woryna nor James Shanes are in the frame for a 2019 team place at Poole!

Didn't say anything about 2020 which was put on Radio Solent this morning apparently??

49 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

So i thought go onto the Poole online shop might be some bits to buy for Christmas or some presents well what a fkn joke that is so Champions and you have a crap store with nothing in stock at this time of year absolutely pi33 poor. Disgusting! 

And when you stop slagging our club off perhaps you should tell us all who you "alledgedly" support. Because it just strikes me you are just a sad jealous mouth piece.

6 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

And when you stop slagging our club off perhaps you should tell us all who you "alledgedly" support. Because it just strikes me you are just a sad jealous mouth piece.

What a spoon you are, you don't know me but I know exactly who you are the sad little flake that sells the star right little gimp! Oh by the way its allegedly why wouldn't I be looking for presents for my relatives that support the club???

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

He has been binned according to the man himself and the management didn't even tell him. Learnt through a 3rd party. I'll take that apology now thanks Gavan!! 

Doesn't sound happy (except happlily burning his BV bridges). Rumours were circulating that his demands were high and made the club have 2nd thoughts. Probably going to have to take whatever gets offered now (brace for moaning piece in the star around June).

How about Steffan Nielsen as possible second reserve on 3.67 IF Covatti is senior reserve at 4.70 - Total reserves 8.37 which is 2.27 lower than our reserves finishing GSA for 2018. A good chunk of what we need to save for 2019,but not arguably as strong as our finishing reserves for last season. That's assuming Nielsen can stay away from injury.

Many were impressed when he came in for his stint prior to injury last season, and perhaps impressed enough to be invited back ??

Scunthorpe ride Fri and other Champ teams ride Wed/Fri/Sat/Sun so no fixture clashes. Also won't cost a Kings ransom one would assume, such as flying in a foreigner.

Just a thought.

Still wondering if any reasonably large big name in the frame bearing in mind the rumour posted on Poole Forum by one party today that maybe Jack Holder not signing ??

19 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

How about Steffan Nielsen as possible second reserve on 3.67 IF Covatti is senior reserve at 4.70 - Total reserves 8.37 which is 2.27 lower than our reserves finishing GSA for 2018. A good chunk of what we need to save for 2019,but not arguably as strong as our finishing reserves for last season. That's assuming Nielsen can stay away from injury.

Many were impressed when he came in for his stint prior to injury last season, and perhaps impressed enough to be invited back ??

Scunthorpe ride Fri and other Champ teams ride Wed/Fri/Sat/Sun so no fixture clashes. Also won't cost a Kings ransom one would assume, such as flying in a foreigner.

Just a thought.

Still wondering if any reasonably large big name in the frame bearing in mind the rumour posted on Poole Forum by one party today that maybe Jack Holder not signing ??

Nielsen nailed on for Swindon 

26 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Just a thought.

Jake Allen is on less than Covatti, meaning Nico would still be senior reserve.. But you can't have those 2 at reserve, in the interest of the sport :P To strong..

Edited by Bald Bloke

34 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Just a thought.

I would love Stefan to return but I would have thought Swindon would have first refusal and they would be mad not to get him back on his current average.