British Speedway Forum

Poole 2019

Aviator

31 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Me neither. Nobody available. Our asset base regarding the big hitters is worthless now. Strength in depth the way to go. Jack Holder at No.1 will do for me. Jack is improving year on year. I don't think most teams will line up with a big hitting No.1. Could see something similar to the following.

Fricke = Belle Vue

Harris or Schlein - Ipswich

R. Lambert - King's Lynn

H. Andersen - Peterborough

J. Holder - Poole

Doyle - Swindon

Masters - Wolverhampton

You can keep Harris thank you don’t want him at Ipswich on that average!

Think it may be a year to soon for Jack to be a number one, same as it was for Morris and Kurtz, but when you look at it the league only has 2 world class riders in it in Lambert and Doyle

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

If the money is right then maybe Matt could tempt Piotr Pawlicki to sign. No contract in Sweden next year and no GP's

just the financial penalty from the Poles if he gets injured in UK!!

Having said that, he hasn't been returning any calls from Wolves!!:D

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 3

I know most people on here don't want bomber back because of his average.but he is one of two rider's I want to see back and also I like James back as well because they both exciting to watch unfortunately averages are destroying British speedway . Just saying 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ray c said:

I know most people on here don't want bomber back because of his average.but he is one of two rider's I want to see back and also I like James back as well because they both exciting to watch unfortunately averages are destroying British speedway . Just saying 

We are in the minority ,but I agree Averages are killing the sport in GB.

59 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

One thing that would make sense if Covatti has signed is that having also signed for Somerset, he could be based down here at either Matt's or Middlo's?

Although like some others, I'm surprised at Ippo letting him go.

if their is the slightest chance that this might happen , I would be intrigued as to who the other reserve will be.

Must admit that with Morris having decided on Wolves and with Poole having to lose 2.64 from last seasons team, then Matt faces one hell of a juggling act.

Really can't see him  going with Harris on that inflated 7.78 GSA and factor in having to lose 2.64 team points it would mean changes further down. Covatti for say Worrall saves you only 1.02 meaning another 1.62 to find. If you retain Harris it means you have to get rid of 1/2 riders from Kurtz/Graz/Woryna/Jakobsen/Klindt and reading various qoutes over the weeks I thought most want to retain all of them in possible. You would only get a 1.62 saving if you replaced the lowest av Jakobsen for say Shanes. Can't see that happening.

No doubt Matt has it all worked out, if as a couple have rumoured he already knows his team and the first announcement is Wed evening. Hope it is  decent team as its worrying how strong Swindon are already looking with Doyle/Bach and & Musz already signed.

1 hour ago, BLACKHEART said:

Doesn't inspire me at all.

1. Brady Kurtz 7.05

2. Linus Sundstrom 6.04

3. Nicolai Klindt 6.61

4. Kacper Woryna 6.36

5. Josh Grajczonek 6.70

6. Fredrik Jakobsen 5.04

7. Nico Covatti 4.70

= 42.50

Where's Jack? With Morris at Wolves, I would expect him to be back. 

• Like 1