British Speedway Forum

Poole 2019

Aviator

3 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

If you had enough intelligence to enable you to understand my post you wouldn't need to ask this question.

You must realise that speedway didn’t exist before Poole started winning 

You also must realise that Manchester City, Chelsea and Leicester are bigger clubs than Man Utd as they haven’t won the league for a while.

Lets say this year Somerset win it and then do so for the next 2 years. Does that make them bigger than Poole?? No it doesn’t 

It’s just the same load of tripe from the same posters 

8 minutes ago, Gavan said:

You must realise that speedway didn’t exist before Poole started winning 

You also must realise that Manchester City, Chelsea and Leicester are bigger clubs than Man Utd as they haven’t won the league for a while.

Lets say this year Somerset win it and then do so for the next 2 years. Does that make them bigger than Poole?? No it doesn’t 

It’s just the same load of tripe from the same posters 

A little while back Skidder asked " what it all had to do with Poole 2019?"  I suppose we could say it's closer to the topic than the comedy being posted by Shovlar & his shadow.:D

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

To me the biggest club is the one that has the history and prestige not about who has won the most in the last 10 years lol

Ask non speedway fans to name a speedway club and they would say Belle Vue maybe Cradley or Coventry.

So you are saying that Man City are a bigger club then Man Utd or that Huddersfield are bigger than Leeds or Aston Villa.

Belle Vue are the biggest club in British speedway right now. Not the most successful true but they are the biggest in name

Belle Vue certainly have always been  the biggest club,  Poole for years were nobody also rans most of the time a .great club still  and the majority of there fans Poole  ( who are not deluded)   are pretty impartial and are really good and loyal fans.Coventry,Cradley, Wolves, and ( Ipswich to an extent were the best teams generally over a period  Reading 73 and Sheffield 74 were really good sides to.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Since 2000 which I would call the modern era Poole have been the most successful club with Coventry not far behind.  But Belle Vue remain the ‘most successful’ of all time currently even though they have have failed to win a league title for 25 years. 

Anyway back to Poole 2019 - Top 4 of Chris Holder, Jack Holder, Chris Harris & Brady Kurtz.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Its all about wining mate, simple as..  You ask any Dart player Speedway rider Jockey  I do agree about the lay down engine though. To a certain extent is is open the throttle and go, unless you are Darcy Ward Chris Holder, but dont they use lay downs in the GP's ? Any good rider can still make a pass. So that sort of blows your thiery away.

... and you definitely whine :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Anyway back to Poole 2019 - Top 4 of Chris Holder, Jack Holder, Chris Harris & Brady Kurtz.

That ain’t going to happen.

More likely Klindt, Woryna, Jakobsen and Kurtz. 

If the league is being dumbed down yet again riders like Nicolai will be the top men.

14 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Since 2000 which I would call the modern era Poole have been the most successful club with Coventry not far behind.  But Belle Vue remain the ‘most successful’ of all time currently even though they have have failed to win a league title for 25 years. 

100% agree

Nobody can argue against Pooles success in recent times 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

I think it's also fair to remind Shovlar & starman  that The aces have been running continuously since 1928, even operating through WW2. A history that no other club operating currently can match I believe. For their part The pirates didn't get started until twenty years later (1948) and there have been gaps in their history where the club has closed down for periods.

When considering greatness history is most important, it's unfair to just select a short period (as you call it the modern era ) & expect everyone to forget the rest , to justify a claim.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sommelier said:

Yes agree with Cradley Heath & Coventry, could put Wimbledon on that list

How are these three ‘bigger’ clubs doing now? Sadly they are all but dead.

This one club is bigger than another is absolute BS. What are the rules, criteria and why does it matter? From what I have just read Nottingham Forest are a bigger club than Man City. 

Belle Vue are a famous name but I believe today, the response (regarding name me a Speedway Team) would very much depend on the age group questioned. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave Jones said:

I think it's also fair to remind Shovlar & starman  that The aces have been running continuously since 1928, even operating through WW2. A history that no other club operating currently can match I believe. For their part The pirates didn't get started until twenty years later (1948) and there have been gaps in their history where the club has closed down for periods.

When considering greatness history is most important, it's unfair to just select a short period (as you call it the modern era ) & expect everyone to forget the rest , to justify a claim.

Living in Poole all my life and many years ago Wimbledon dons and the Wembley lions were the big names Poole was was was just a little provincial team can't compare really 

People keep banging on about BV being the biggest most famous club in history. Maybe thirty odd years ago. 

But my memories of them since 1999 are of a bottom of the league backmarker most seasons with a disgraceful track (kirky lane) . Theyve now moved tracks to a better one and a better stadium but still havent won anything.

3 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Nothing to do with poole2019, but another pasting for Ipswich tonight gavan 

Yes and we have our number one missing and Workingtons reserve as a heat leader up against quality in cook and Harris. I’ve commented on the Ipswich thread about half hour ago thanks for your concern 

13 minutes ago, Pinny said:

People keep banging on about BV being the biggest most famous club in history. Maybe thirty odd years ago. 

But my memories of them since 1999 are of a bottom of the league backmarker most seasons with a disgraceful track (kirky lane) . Theyve now moved tracks to a better one and a better stadium but still havent won anything.

I don't think people are. They are just comparing The Aces to The Pirates.

17 minutes ago, ray c said:

Living in Poole all my life and many years ago Wimbledon dons and the Wembley lions were the big names Poole was was was just a little provincial team can't compare really 

Think you've been were were watching ter to much open all hours..:rofl:

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Yes and we have our number one missing and Workingtons reserve as a heat leader up against quality in cook and Harris. I’ve commented on the Ipswich thread about half hour ago thanks for your concern 

Harris quality, don't forget he's a Poole rider