British Speedway Forum

Poole 2019

Aviator

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Nobody is disagreeing with you thats whats laughable. So paranoid that everyone is having a dig at Poole.

Nick Morris should never have been allowed to ride in the second leg.............its irrelevant who agreed what or who made the choice.............the moment the powers that be allowed Morris to ride it made the whole thing a farce.

The fact is there was never a rule that stopped Adam Ellis riding for both clubs in the final....................all it meant was it just made the sport look daft.

But by Kings Lynn agreeing it was ok for Morris to ride........and then the joke of a governing body allowing it.............also made the sport look daft as well

So bless your heart you can calm down about everyone having a go at Poole because they arent.............the sport was made to look daft yet again.

Injuries are part and parcel of the sport and Poole had to beat very weakened teams in the semi final and final....thats not Pooles fault they just got very lucky

I am a staunch Poole supporter and have been for just under 50 years, but agree with Gavan. We were lucky but that's life, we won.

Edited by Supersub
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Supersub said:

I am a staunch Poole supporter and have been for just under 50 years, but agree with Gavan. We were lucky but that's life, we won.

There is the old saying

'The more I practise the luckier I get'

Although no exactly the scenario I think it fits in this case in that whatever anybody thinks of Poole and Matt Ford no other team/promoter prepares quite like Poole/Ford

Hence the appearence of Poole always being very lucky when often there is probably more to it than just luck

5 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

There is the old saying

'The more I practise the luckier I get'

Although no exactly the scenario I think it fits in this case in that whatever anybody thinks of Poole and Matt Ford no other team/promoter prepares quite like Poole/Ford

Hence the appearence of Poole always being very lucky when often there is probably more to it than just luck

I agrre but IMO, the loss of Holder cost Somerset the semi -final, &  MPT for KL in 2nd leg  cost them, but as you have said luck is there to be had, just giving my opinion.

46 minutes ago, Supersub said:

I agrre but IMO, the loss of Holder cost Somerset the semi -final, &  MPT for KL in 2nd leg  cost them, but as you have said luck is there to be had, just giving my opinion.

Every year there seems to be luck of one kind or other come play off time, that's the sport, Somerset should have had a #8.

2019 team will be mad not to include the majority of the winning squad.

Edited by noggin

34 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Your definition of a strop is very different to mine but each to their own.

Cant get over it can you Gav. Poole Pirates Premiership champions 2018. Sounds good dun it  :party:

14 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Cant get over it can you Gav. Poole Pirates Premiership champions 2018. Sounds good dun it  :party:

Why are you piping up.

For what its worth when you have Lisa bringing it up (and yes her along with Bald Bloke brought it up again) then anyone can respond and i think about 7 different people have. yet you choose again to use my name.

And please tell me what i need to get over as if you think its Poole winning the title then im actually not bothered.

What i want is the integrity of the sport to be upheld and not for the sport to look like a joke.

Nick Morris should never have rode....its not rocket science to understand the reasons surely. Kings Lynn were daft to suggest it and of course Poole would take the opportunity to use a rider that they shouldnt have bet they couldnt believe their luck.

The final became a farce and lets just hope this season the title is won fairly.

Not once have i said it was Pooles fault but the same people love a pop when quite clearly they arent intelligent enough to read what people write.

The precedent has been set now for future finals.

Poole fans would be up in arms if it happened against them this year

Edited by Gavan

25 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Why are you piping up.

For what its worth when you have Lisa bringing it up (and yes her along with Bald Bloke brought it up again) then anyone can respond and i think about 7 different people have. yet you choose again to use my name.

And please tell me what i need to get over as if you think its Poole winning the title then im actually not bothered.

What i want is the integrity of the sport to be upheld and not for the sport to look like a joke.

Nick Morris should never have rode....its not rocket science to understand the reasons surely. Kings Lynn were daft to suggest it and of course Poole would take the opportunity to use a rider that they shouldnt have bet they couldnt believe their luck.

The final became a farce and lets just hope this season the title is won fairly.

Not once have i said it was Pooles fault but the same people love a pop when quite clearly they arent intelligent enough to read what people write.

Not guilty this time your honour.. May I put forward Daniel Smith . Evidence can be found on page 56 :wink:

Edited by Bald Bloke

25 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Why are you piping up.

I agree with you, I always think when it comes to the play offs it is better if the teams have the same riders for both legs but if not then r/r should be used.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Why are you piping up.

Nevermind eh, perhaps Buster Chapman will win the league for you..... Or maybe not...:rofl:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Why are you piping up.

Again what is with the lying. I did not bring it up! 2/3 people started talking it before me. Maybe YOU should start reading better. 

So Luke Becker chose Wolves.

One rider we can exclude from the name the Poole team for 2019 game.

Doyle back at Swindon will definitely make them stronger which begs the question what of Morris and Batchelor ??

Let's hope Matt gives us something as a start in the near future. Sure spent plenty of time eulogising over the Abu Dhabi trip.

26 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

So Luke Becker chose Wolves.

One rider we can exclude from the name the Poole team for 2019 game.

Doyle back at Swindon will definitely make them stronger which begs the question what of Morris and Batchelor ??

Let's hope Matt gives us something as a start in the near future. Sure spent plenty of time eulogising over the Abu Dhabi trip.

Morris on a 6.6 average & Doyle at 1 is a no brainer for me staying at Swindon.

• Like 2