British Speedway Forum

Poole 2019

Aviator

33 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

So Ipswich back in the premiership, bet Gavan is pleased 

Nope because the top league is run as a bit of a joke in my opinion

The one good thing is the liklihood that Doyle will be our number one.

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Its about winning mate. End of. The Trophy will be at the REF function tonight for fans to see and have there photo with it if they want. And know doubt it will be at the others as well.

And there is the reason why you have such a reputation on here.

21 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Rubbish you clearly live in the Dark ages. You ask anybody in any sport what its all about and they will say the same thing.

So its all about winning...doesnt matter about the sport as a whole then?? What utter garbage

I dont care if we finish bottom next season as long the sport heads in the right direction 

20 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Trip to Poole beckons, or maybe not.

Not for me unless its a weekend meeting, work and kids and expenditure come before a trip to speedway, even home meetings, but as you dont work, dont have kids, get in for free, then that wont concern you

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

So Bomber has a new average of 6.91 with a 2.5% reduction. 

Yes, since his stint in the NDL he's coming along nicely, that 2.5% should see him reach the next level in his development.

You taking over as promoter? because that's the sort of 'forward thinking' that'll give Poole the edge again. 

Edited by The Weasel

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

Nope because the top league is run as a bit of a joke in my opinion

The one good thing is the liklihood that Doyle will be our number one.

And there is the reason why you have such a reputation on here.

So its all about winning...doesnt matter about the sport as a whole then?? What utter garbage

I dont care if we finish bottom next season as long the sport heads in the right direction 

Not for me unless its a weekend meeting, work and kids and expenditure come before a trip to speedway, even home meetings, but as you dont work, dont have kids, get in for free, then that wont concern you

Why dont you just do us all a favour and get off the poole threads.  You are becoming more than a little tiresome. Witrh your pathetic ramblings.  Tell you what, swap places with me. Pr&t

11 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Why dont you just do us all a favour and get off the poole threads.  You are becoming more than a little tiresome. Witrh your pathetic ramblings.  Tell you what, swap places with me. Pr&t

Atleast Gavan posts constructive comments

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

So Bomber has a new average of 6.91 with a 2.5% reduction. 

Woffy too I presume? 

:rolleyes: :D

Let's hope the finer detail will ensure there is common sense...

Edited by mikebv

3 hours ago, ray c said:

I wonder which night we will go for after all these years on a Wednesday . don't fancy Mondays myself to be honest but with Swindon about 60 miles up the road could split the gate a little bit we shall see

It was stated publicly at the R.E.F. function last night (relayed by Matt Ford) that there would likely be 2 Monday tracks an 5 Thursday tracks (possibly 3M and 4Th). Poole will run mainly on a Thursday although for TV it'll be Mondays. There will be the occasional Wednesday meeting due to when all the Thursday tracks are against each other, if that make sense.  Poole will continue with Good Friday and BH Mondays.  The first home meeting is likely to be around the 10/11 April 2019.

The club will announce 2 new co-promoters (not owners - Matt will still own the club) around the end of this month - they are expected to be officially licenced by the end of November.

Expect the first rider announcement to also be around the same time. NO mention of a new club main sponsor as yet. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Woffy too I presume? 

:rolleyes: :D

Let's hope the finer detail will ensure there is common sense...

Not sure the 2.5% reference is clearly stated on the official AGM statement? No surprise there.  We usually have to wait a couple of days for the follow-up statement that seeks to clarify any misunderstandings from the main statement plus anything that they forgot to include. :-)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

It was stated publicly at the R.E.F. function last night (relayed by Matt Ford) that there would likely be 2 Monday tracks an 5 Thursday tracks (possibly 3M and 4Th). Poole will run mainly on a Thursday although for TV it'll be Mondays. There will be the occasional Wednesday meeting due to when all the Thursday tracks are against each other, if that make sense.  Poole will continue with Good Friday and BH Mondays.  The first home meeting is likely to be around the 10/11 April 2019.

The club will announce 2 new co-promoters (not owners - Matt will still own the club) around the end of this month - they are expected to be officially licenced by the end of November.

Expect the first rider announcement to also be around the same time. NO mention of a new club main sponsor as yet. 

Thanks well explained

21 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Not sure the 2.5% reference is clearly stated on the official AGM statement? No surprise there.  We usually have to wait a couple of days for the follow-up statement that seeks to clarify any misunderstandings from the main statement plus anything that they forgot to include. :-)

And then we can also find out the 14 or so additional regulations that are required to completely ensure they cover every possible angle from a sharp practice potential...

(Or so they think)....;):D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Thanks for that Skidder :) Did they mention how many teams can make the playoffs? :unsure:

Ok - Now the AGM is over and with little changed in Prem i.e 2 up - 2 down and even that not 100% definite as the Swindon situation hardly 100% concrete they will be racing if track not built in time (unless they can still race on the old one temporarily ??). 

With Somerset dropping down - Chapman taking over ownership of Ips/Peterborough, what chances now maybe that both Poole assets Chris and Jack Holder returning to Poole for 2019.

Surely not beyond the reams of possibility. Jack I can certainly see with Somerset dropping down. Chris maybe also ?? if his personal situation finally resolved and he is given all clear to race in UK again ??

I know their is plenty of split opinion on them but ultimately both are decent riders and a lot cheaper if living still living together locally without all the associated costs of overseas riders ??

I am sure Matt already on the case if not already a pre-agreement ??