British Speedway Forum

Poole 2019

Aviator

On 11/1/2018 at 7:44 PM, Starman2006 said:

I would advise any rider starting out to ride a tight technical track, it will teach them so much. Look at Jack Holder,Plymouth there's an example. But it will do Luke no harm to start at poole. He will be well looked after, that i can say.

And what are your qualifications to give any rider advice??

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, ray c said:

lets hope who ever takes the reins down the stadium they improve the poole official website because that is in a poor state :)

Tbf it has been worse! But also been a lot better. I preferred it before updates from meetings appeared on Twitter they used to have an updates section on the forum there which automatically updated the screen every 30 secs/1min or so. That was good. 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbf it has been worse! But also been a lot better. I preferred it before updates from meetings appeared on Twitter they used to have an updates section on the forum there which automatically updated the screen every 30 secs/1min or so. That was good. 

went down hill when they done away with the forum 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ray c said:

went down hill when they done away with the forum 

Best thing they did to get shot of some of the idiots that were taking over. The new one we have is 100 times better. And no :icon_smile_clown:'s or wind up merchants.  And long may that continue.

6 hours ago, ray c said:

yes I know that . You know as well as I do why the forum on the website was closed and that was a popular forum  :t:

Yup we do, and said "persons dont use it" funny that...:party:

7 minutes ago, ray c said:

are you sure about that you could be wrong :cheers: skidder goes under a different name just like you :D

Nope same user name just shortened.

Starman I thought you were one of the reasons they closed the other one...? :unsure::D

Nope.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:22 PM, Starman2006 said:

Nope.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:22 PM, Starman2006 said:

Nope.

Well, like you Lisa Collette, I think that the site was closed down, mainly due to the fact that some of the posters were "not a good influence" on the club and were painting a bad picture. I reckon you guys know who you were!!!!!!  I don't have to mention names. Personally, travelling down from Southampton each week, the forum was good for weather forecasts/conditions and team news. Shame it had to go.

4 hours ago, Southampton Pirate said:

Well, like you Lisa Collette, I think that the site was closed down, mainly due to the fact that some of the posters were "not a good influence" on the club and were painting a bad picture. I reckon you guys know who you were!!!!!!  I don't have to mention names. Personally, travelling down from Southampton each week, the forum was good for weather forecasts/conditions and team news. Shame it had to go.

There's always the new one. And the berks dont freqent it..Far more civelized. The ones who got it shut down dont even go to speedway. Funny that eh..

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

The site was closed down on the club's official website because too many were bad-mouthing speedway in general and Poole in particular and posted nothing other than negative comments which didn't go down too well with some of the club sponsors, as they felt it reflected badly on them!! 

Thats why the 'unnofficial' Poole fans forum was started.

One thing you can't ever say about Starman is that he is negative about Poole!!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The site was closed down on the club's official website because too many were bad-mouthing speedway in general and Poole in particular and posted nothing other than negative comments which didn't go down too well with some of the club sponsors, as they felt it reflected badly on them!! 

One thing you can't ever say about Starman is that he is negative about Poole!!!

Thank you mate ..

22 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I didn't say it was the only reason! ;)

I didn't say it was the only reason! ;)

Then what are you saying, because you are clearly insinuating something.