British Speedway Forum

Poole 2019

Aviator

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Could be he other way around for all we know. Have they paid their bill?

I take it it's that cleaning company..? If I remember there was a few on here mentioned at the time that they had no money when they looked into company house, and the people behind the firm had a bit of history. But then I read it was a new crew running things, so who knows. With Poole top of the league I would of thought firms would want to be associated with the club.

Either way not good for Poole, be it the club or sponsor pulling the plug :(

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I take it it's that cleaning company..? If I remember there was a few on here mentioned at the time that they had no money when they looked into company house, and the people behind the firm had a bit of history. But then I read it was a new crew running things, so who knows. With Poole top of the league I would of thought firms would want to be associated with the club.

Either way not good for Poole, be it the club or sponsor pulling the plug :(

Trouble is you can't be picky nowadays with sponsors, makes it difficult. 

Not at all. Could be a company after free advertising. I am not saying they are, but a carpet cleaning company is not a big sponsor in the scheme of things and perhaps overstepped their advertising budget. A company could make an initial payment, but when the next payment is due, try to spin it out until the club ‘pull the rug’, so to speak! I am not saying this is the case.

Only other time I can recall an issue with main sponsor is when Coastal Aluminium went bust. The Poole promotion had obviously been paid so kept them as main team sponsors even after the company had folded, so that no litigation could come their way.

With Poole top of the league, it cannot be a performance issue. 

44 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not at all. Could be a company after free advertising. I am not saying they are, but a carpet cleaning company is not a big sponsor in the scheme of things and perhaps overstepped their advertising budget. A company could make an initial payment, but when the next payment is due, try to spin it out until the club ‘pull the rug’, so to speak! I am not saying this is the case.

Only other time I can recall an issue with main sponsor is when Coastal Aluminium went bust. The Poole promotion had obviously been paid so kept them as main team sponsors even after the company had folded, so that no litigation could come their way.

I don’t think I was inferring that there were any issues with the teams performance and, nor would I with the way they have performed to date. However, there is clearly something adrift in the “commercial department”.

I have it on very good authority that the Cleaning Company have been very good at getting all the initial hype and publicity but have a track record (sic) of not sticking to agreements!  Not sure what the reasons may have been for that but with MF not being around so much to do all the usual 'glad-handing' that may have something to do with it?!

Doubtless will find out tonight - if MF is there?!

38 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I have it on very good authority that the Cleaning Company have been very good at getting all the initial hype and publicity but have a track record (sic) of not sticking to agreements!  Not sure what the reasons may have been for that but with MF not being around so much to do all the usual 'glad-handing' that may have something to do with it?!

Doubtless will find out tonight - if MF is there?!

well he was in the stadium yesterday I believe 

11 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I’m sure Meridian Lifts pulled out half way through the season a few years ago too.

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Well he's not gonna be there next week!!

So what’s the deal with the main sponsor. No mention of them anywhere in the programme but, Nigel kept referring to the Poole Number 1 Carpet Cleaning Pirates!! Any comment MMX???

13 minutes ago, Aviator said:

So what’s the deal with the main sponsor. No mention of them anywhere in the programme but, Nigel kept referring to the Poole Number 1 Carpet Cleaning Pirates!! Any comment MMX???

apparently it was just playing safe in case of any contractual problems arising

From what I can gather, they have not paid their next instalment. 

Legal action could well be coming, so the club are obligated to continue treating them as Main sponsors so as not to be in breach of their contract should it go legal.

37 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Legal action could well be coming, so the club are obligated to continue treating them as Main sponsors so as not to be in breach of their contract should it go legal.

I still don't understand why their stuff had been taken off the Poole website though? 

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The main thing is, we now have a good track back at Wimborne Road and, a really good team who can clearly ride it well. Some first class racing last night and long may it continue. The legal wizards can sort out the rubbish whilst we watch the racing, I just wish the promotion would be a little more open with those that pay their salaries..

Edited by Aviator

Things are going so well down on the South Coast now, it looks like Poole will 'Hoover up' another title...

Unless of course, something pulls the rug from under them..

I'll get me coat..

:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1