British Speedway Forum

Poole 2019

Aviator

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I am not sure I agree with Danny Ford saying r/r is working well, what happens if we got an injury in a meeting we would be down to 5 riders. It is far too risky in my opinion, we need to replace Worrall very soon especially now Brady should be back we will have to use r/r for Worrall which makes us weaker than a guest for Worrall and r/r for Brady.

Remember when Wolves used r/r for Daniel Nermark a few seasons back for at least half the season and they said it prob cost them the title and regretted not getting a replacement. But I guess it depends who is available. 

24 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Remember when Wolves used r/r for Daniel Nermark a few seasons back for at least half the season and they said it prob cost them the title and regretted not getting a replacement. But I guess it depends who is available. 

Yes well that is the worry, Daniel Nermark was a pretty decent rider too, long time ago now though. Surprised myself remembering him! 

44 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes well that is the worry, Daniel Nermark was a pretty decent rider too, long time ago now though. Surprised myself remembering him! 

Ha. Must have been early 2000's. 02 or 04. But I just remember reading in the Speedway Star, that they think it put too much pressure on the rest of the team as no one else can really have an off night. Also depends how the team is built as well. 

23 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He’s a good second string riding at number one tonight. Nicholls was almost as bad.

23 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He’s a good second string riding at number one tonight. Nicholls was almost as bad.

I think he’s been better than that this season Steve but take your point.

49 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Deliberately not replacing as rr makes you strong as you have said.

I didn't say that it makes us strong. I said it is risky and should be replaced soon. He would have been replaced if there was a viable alternative. I appreciate you think we should get a NL rider in as cover because that would mean us losing more often.

52 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I didn't say that it makes us strong. I said it is risky and should be replaced soon. He would have been replaced if there was a viable alternative. I appreciate you think we should get a NL rider in as cover because that would mean us losing more often.

You don't know what I think, there is a big wide world of speedway and there isn't anyone to replace Richie Worrall....bull...suits the cheats using rr ....fact.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Trackrat said:

You don't know what I think, there is a big wide world of speedway and there isn't anyone to replace Richie Worrall....bull...suits the cheats using rr ....fact.

Don't like Poole. But isn't it their choice to run RR or a guest.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Crazy robin said:

I think he’s been better than that this season Steve but take your point.

At least Josh showed how disappointed he was and when apologising he refused any payment from the Panthers promotion. (See Panthers website)

9 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Don't like Poole. But isn't it their choice to run RR or a guest.

At least in August there may be a few more home guest options available, although with Covatti withdrawing from the Somerset team at Eastbourne tonight, who knows what will be needed by Thursday?

14 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Maybe they should sign Ollie Allen? ;)

• Like 1