British Speedway Forum

Poole 2019

Aviator

On 6/5/2019 at 10:45 AM, foreverblue said:

According to the local paper we are having extensive work done during the home fixture break to improve the track.

at the track today "extensive"work not done this wk, arrival of road grader postponed for a few wks,track to my unqualified eye looks good but according to the guys the top surface is basically just dust,and matt been told this wk theyve nothing to work with

20 minutes ago, poole keith said:

at the track today "extensive"work not done this wk, arrival of road grader postponed for a few wks,track to my unqualified eye looks good but according to the guys the top surface is basically just dust,and matt been told this wk theyve nothing to work with

That just about sums it up 

32 minutes ago, poole keith said:

I said after Dustgate, there isn't enough shale on it, hence why they didn't/couldn't water it :t:

Would of been way to slippery.

The track needs money spent, and plenty of work.

As I said you can't polish a turd ;).

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

I said after Dustgate, there isn't enough shale on it, hence why they didn't/couldn't water it :t:

Would of been way to slippery.

The track needs money spent, and plenty of work.

As I said you can't polish a turd ;).

If Poole is losing money as article in SS says then might be why MF has not got the cash to spend on the track? Is the club still up for sale..? 

Guess if the track is that bad the riders will refuse to ride it,not rocket science.As for losing money, with i assume Poole being the best supported team being on the coast with lots of holidaymakers what does the books of all  the other premier teams look like.The promoters according to the echo article know it needs attention just wonder why it wasn't addressed pre season. 

Hi, I am thinking about going to a Poole meeting, the one against Peterborough at the beginning of August. Can someone give me any advice on which are the best (cheapest) hotels to stop in, maybe within walking distance? Where to park my car once I'm at the stadium, how much parking/tickets/programs are... Any advice for a first time visitor would be appreciated, thanks very much. Looking forward to seeing what Poole has to offer.

10 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

If Poole is losing money as article in SS says then might be why MF has not got the cash to spend on the track? Is the club still up for sale..? 

Made plenty of money in the past hasn't he? Spent all that I guess ....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trees said:

Made plenty of money in the past hasn't he? Spent all that I guess ....

Matt Ford is in denial over the track condition at Poole and has been for several years. He’s lost some good sponsors because they feared for rider safety and, refused an offer from another to buy the shale needed to rectify the problem. The problem goes back at least to the Chris Holder and Darcy Ward era when both would be openly critical of the track..

• Like 1

No point in getting new shale in until the work with the road grader is done!  The grader was 'postponed' because it wasn't available soon enough in the current gap between fixtures.

The next possible extended gap between home fixtures is next month from 5th to 17th July. 

I really can't see how Matt Ford can be in denial about the track condition when he and his son Danny have openly stated in the local press that it needs sorting and will be..

38 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

No point in getting new shale in until the work with the road grader is done!  The grader was 'postponed' because it wasn't available soon enough in the current gap between fixtures.

The next possible extended gap between home fixtures is next month from 5th to 17th July. 

I really can't see how Matt Ford can be in denial about the track condition when he and his son Danny have openly stated in the local press that it needs sorting and will be..

As I stated in my earlier post, the Poole track has been a mess for years and as a result has cost the club sponsors. Matt Ford has been in denial and only now and after the Good Friday debacle and the 840 gate takings a couple of weeks later has he woken up and smelled the coffee. I will be the first to admit that it’s his business and he can do as he wishes but, it has cost him sponsors and some long time supporters. I for one no longer spend any money (other than admission) or, provide any services to UK based speedway..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Ignoring the fact that the most appropriate gap of sufficient length was missed also - October til March.....:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Get Guy Nicholls on the case - he will be able to supply one!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ray c said:

I just think the club as been poorly promoted in the last two or three years and i know some people will say i am just criticizing but tha the way i see it

Yes I tend to agree, this issue with the track has been going on for too long, they talk like it is a recent thing. I don't like to criticise my club but I went to a gp qualifier about 6 years ago  at Poole, the track was very bumpy then and it isn't any better now, it isn't always dusty but it is always bumpy.