British Speedway Forum

Poole 2019

Aviator

20 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

And just for those who might query this, all turnstyles take cash on the night.

And for those who might query this.... what’s a turnstyle? Is it one of those gate type things in the country that moves?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ray c said:

that's far to easy .faster and quicker I would think . yes it is still cash only 

Christ, bit behind aren't they lol  I know, I know, doesn't matter as long as they win the league and add to their trophy cabinet again .......

Weird one.

Poole is cash only ;)

One of the dearest in the league to bring a family with kids to.

The best supported.

The most successful.

Well sponsored.

Can't afford Kevlars or shale.. 

Is it a case of deep pockets and short arms :P??

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

How accepting cash only is so out of line with spending today.  I am 72 so supposedly an old fuddy duddy in many peeps eyes.  But very rarely do i spend cash.  I do usually carry about £20 in notes, plus couple one pound coins, one or two 50p's and couple of 20p's, but that is usually spent on car parking. More or less everything else is by card.  Very rarely write a cheque, couple a year.  Its so convenient just to pop the card on the card machine if under £30, sometimes I have problem remembering the pin when over £30, but thats because I have 2 cards to remember pins.  But if I had a family going to speedway I couldnt be put up with having £50 cash to pay.  It in itself will be a put off for the younger generations.  Why would any modern day sporting facility want to collect loads of cash.  Cash will slow down turnstiles, and certainly be a security risk.  It all has to be added up at the end of a meeting, and kept secure. I wont go into obvious reason why cash is king.  Do riders get paid cash, some will be earning over £1000 per meeting even in the UK.  Surely they don want that sort of money on them.  Not forward thinking by promotors if you ask me.  Terrible decision is cash only.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

How accepting cash only is so out of line with spending today.  I am 72 so supposedly an old fuddy duddy in many peeps eyes.  But very rarely do i spend cash.  I do usually carry about £20 in notes, plus couple one pound coins, one or two 50p's and couple of 20p's, but that is usually spent on car parking. More or less everything else is by card.  Very rarely write a cheque, couple a year.  Its so convenient just to pop the card on the card machine if under £30, sometimes I have problem remembering the pin when over £30, but thats because I have 2 cards to remember pins.  But if I had a family going to speedway I couldnt be put up with having £50 cash to pay.  It in itself will be a put off for the younger generations.  Why would any modern day sporting facility want to collect loads of cash.  Cash will slow down turnstiles, and certainly be a security risk.  It all has to be added up at the end of a meeting, and kept secure. I wont go into obvious reason why cash is king.  Do riders get paid cash, some will be earning over £1000 per meeting even in the UK.  Surely they don want that sort of money on them.  Not forward thinking by promotors if you ask me.  Terrible decision is cash only.

little tip use the same pin number on both cards . or though that may not suit you to do that :t:

• Like 1