British Speedway Forum

Poole 2019

Aviator

I tbink when a sports person or team does something that incurs the wrath of his sponsor then the sponsor has every right to withdrawn the sponsorship but not sure it works the other way round. I doubt any sports person or team would refuse sponsorship even if the sponsor or one of their staff had done something untoward. 

41 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I tbink when a sports person or team does something that incurs the wrath of his sponsor then the sponsor has every right to withdrawn the sponsorship but not sure it works the other way round. I doubt any sports person or team would refuse sponsorship even if the sponsor or one of their staff had done something untoward. 

Money talks. It works which ever way around you want it to. Don't make me laugh ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke

55 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Money talks. It works which ever way around you want it to. Don't make me laugh ;)

This is Speedway and Ford has already lost sponsors, can he afford to bin another off for speaking what actually many people are thinking?!?

This country does not need these people, send em back.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, foreverblue said:

There is usually a 'get out clause' both ways should either damage the 'brand' of the other by their actions...

If the money is paid up front then the sponsored organisation doesn't lose out, but if it's drip fed then potentially they will..

Of course, what will happen either way will be litigation as the business being sponsored will argue they have budgeted or even spent the expected income, and the sponsor, if not happy they have been removed with a legitimate reason, will fight to get a proportion of the money back...

If the Echo did try and contact MF, and no response was forthcoming, then it would suggest he is not prolonging the story (which any response would do) and sensibly letting it ride out with no more direct linkage to Poole Speedway.. 

Hardly a 'story' anyway really is it? I presume not much happens on the South Coast in the winter if this makes the local news agenda?

April is a long way off and this will be quickly forgotten by then if allowed to disappear as a 'story' now..

• Like 2

11 hours ago, FloydMayweather said:

You didn't contact anyone.

Bournemouth Echo found the comments out all by themselves. 

End of conversation. 

Ha ha,you complete melt.You picked a game of dare with the wrong person.Now you don’t even have the balls to admit you got owned.Stick around,looks like we can have fun with you:rofl:

Who’s the daddy now,you melt?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

Ha ha,you complete melt.You picked a game of dare with the wrong person.Now you don’t even have the balls to admit you got owned.Stick around,looks like we can have fun with you:rofl:

Who’s the daddy now,you melt?

You didn't contact anyone. 

That is the truth.

Bournemouth Echo quoted quite a few tweets from Tomlin's post. You didn't know anything about those tweets. 

Keep trolling.

Unless you show me proof of your email and reply to and from the Bournemouth Echo then there's nothing else to discuss.

Edited by FloydMayweather

10 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

This is Speedway and Ford has already lost sponsors, can he afford to bin another off for speaking what actually many people are thinking?!?

Many people want refugees to drown? And five people liked your post? 

Shame on you.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Many people want refugees to drown? And five people liked your post? 

Shame on you.

quite agree who are we to deny people a better life. ps just shows what a nasty country we are becoming

Edited by ray c
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I know it's speedway.. I know Ford has lost sponsors... I don't know if Ford can afford to "bin" another sponsor...

But should that make a difference?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ray c said:

quite agree who are we to deny people a better life. ps just shows what a nasty country we are becoming

So you don't believe in protecting sovereign borders then. The tens of thousands living in poverty and homeless people living on the streets would all love a better life, how about sorting that out first...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

So you don't believe in protecting sovereign borders then. The tens of thousands living in poverty and homeless people living on the streets would all love a better life, how about sorting that out first...

2 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

How about you housing them next to you then.Come up here to real world and live in Birmingham see how long you have the same opinion.

You both just proved what a nasty country we are becoming :t:

• Like 3