British Speedway Forum

Poole 2019

Aviator

17 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

And definitely not being compared with Liverpool FC! 

Oi!!.....Liverpool 6 x Champions of Europe, How many times have (buy the league) Man City Won it??....Cant stand Poole being called the Man Ure of Speedway either!!....Hate them with a vengeance!!

Edited by scottyfan
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, scottyfan said:

Oi!!.....Liverpool 6 x Champions of Europe, How many times have (buy the league) Man City Won it??....Cant stand Poole being called the Man Ure of Speedway either!!....Hate them with a vengean

we have never been the man u of speedway :cheers: :drink:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great weather tonight in Poole and loads of people down on holiday. ....

any yet again no regular weekly speedway.

Just wish for the good old days when every Wednesday during the season  was a speedway night  at Poole.

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Batch is on fire? Someone put him out quick!! 

I thought he only got 6 at BV the other night. Hardly earth shattering. Need more than one good meeting to be 'on fire.'

You might want to look at his average - which is above any Poole rider

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Batch is on fire? Someone put him out quick!! 

I thought he only got 6 at BV the other night. Hardly earth shattering. Need more than one good meeting to be 'on fire.'

I think you've got it the wrong way round.  Batchelor has been on fire most of the season. It was his relatively poor performance at BV that was the exception and tonight he was back to his best. 

2 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

You might want to look at his average - which is above any Poole rider

We are more about being a team than individuals! :) (I'll have a look in the programme on Mon, unless it's over 8.5, not on fire)

One away win and Swindon are unbeatable lol. Well til Mon night anyway.. :D

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

We are more about being a team than individuals! :) (I'll have a look in the programme on Mon, unless it's over 8.5, not on fire)

One away win and Swindon are unbeatable lol. Well til Mon night anyway.. :D

Not that I want to turn this into a Swindon chat but Troy’s 2019 average from 16 meetings (prior to tonight) is 8.46, 9.01 with bonus points. Rolling is 7.92/8.45.....not too bad 

When you build a so-called 'top heavy' team then your heat leaders should have better averages than any team built for 'strength in depth'!  Swindon have a chance - not a strong chance imo - on Monday to go top of the league, but either way it should be a good meeting and the play-offs will be far better for having both Poole and Swindon qualifying.

Still the Premiership table still looks mighty fine this morning!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

Not sure why the Play Offs would be better with Poole & Swindon but they are both going to qualify, would put them as joint favourites right now. Ipswich look vulnerable but can’t really see Wolves or Lynn getting on enough of a roll to pop them. 

Just hope Belle Vue hang on as they have the only proper race track in the league. 

• Like 1