British Speedway Forum

Poole 2019

Aviator

11 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

My last post to Ray C covers.

Honestly Starman, I don't want to see Matt go and I have reservations as to if anyone want's to take on such a high profile club in the current economic climate.

You would think some of the richer business men living in the area would perhaps step up but they so far have not, even as main team sponsors so what chance of someone actually buying it.

You would like to think so, but you also need a person with a speedway brain. Perhaps there are other things .and an awful lot of  i''s and T's to be crossed...

9 hours ago, poole keith said:

i would be pretty confident someone or a consortium will come in and buy poole speedway,however, any interested partys would be silly to show an interest now,its a business that is going fall in value with every passing month so wait to mid summer and then hit matt with an offer!!

To be honest Keith is Poole speedway worth that much ? the stadium is rented right?.Also are the riders asset base worth much most of them wont ride the uk again in this climate cant see a taker.With the team in 2019 with  no Woryna, Grajczonek, Worrall, Klintd, would be my worries.I would of based my team around Holder,Kurtz, Woryna, Jackobsen, Shanes we shall see roll on April.

Edited by Sidney the robin

If Matt does manage to sell at some point before the end of the 2019 season, then the new owner(s) will need to have a recognised licenced Promoter on board.

If Matt doesn't manage to find a buyer and considers simply 'walking away' - something he has said he wouldn't hope to do - then surely the BSPA would step in and appoint a Promoter to keep a major speedway name like Poole operating.  This latter course of action would also probably depend on security of tenure of Poole Stadium.

As for the Nicolaj Busk Jakobsen signing - a bit of a surprise but illustrates that a recommendation from Bjarne Pedersen carries rather more weight for MF than Nicolai Klindt's plea for Rasmus Jensen.  Some good Premiership scores  when guesting for Leicester's Josh Auty at reserve, so should be OK at reserve for Poole with Covatti.

Clearly MF sees the reserves switching in and out of the 1-5 during the course of the season - a bit like the Trophy-winning 2018 side. :cheers:

Edited by Skidder1

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Clearly MF sees the reserves switching in and out of the 1-5 during the course of the season - a bit like the Trophy-winning 2018 side. :cheers:

The reserves switching in and out? LOL 

Don't you mean a whole new team coming to the rescue?  :)

54 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

I know Ford looking to cut costs but its like thank you and goodbye to young talent

Woryna according to the rose tinted fans was lined up to be a gp superstar and now he isnt coming back.

Freddie did so well in his first season and can only go one way yet he is discarded.

Klindt had a great season but is known to be flaky, maybe he wont this year. If as seems likely Josh is back then thats a risky top 3 in my opinion

13 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Well I hope it works out for your team , but for a rider who rode for Panthers 2016 and was signed on an average of just over 7 from Rye House and was expected to be challenging for the NO1 spot and he didn't manage to last out the season and was replaced about August time as his scores seemed to be getting worse week in week out being beaten by opposing reserves on a regular basis. So when fans say he's been around awhile and not improving I can see where they are coming from . At first  I thought he was a good capture and looked impressive but somewhere along the way he seems to have stagnated but I do hope he does get to grips with it and looks like the rider he once was.

Excellent at Rye House, just a shame Poole won’t be going there in 2019

8 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I know Ford looking to cut costs but its like thank you and goodbye to young talent

Woryna according to the rose tinted fans was lined up to be a gp superstar and now he isnt coming back.

Freddie did so well in his first season and can only go one way yet he is discarded.

Klindt had a great season but is known to be flaky, maybe he wont this year. If as seems likely Josh is back then thats a risky top 3 in my opinion

I do agree poole dont look like a chasing title team at the moment ?

25 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I found Woryna disappointing personally. Came on the back of a very successful season in Poland so was always going to make a mockery of that false low starting average.

3 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Matt clearly doesn't want to be here in 2019. Will certainly walk away at the end of the season. Final season for Poole in 2019 and it's going to be sad to see us go out on a down note.

Buster Chapman is the only person who will buy a Speedway club and Keith only buys under a commercial agreement. Matt doesn't want to be here under any circumstances so that deal is a no go.

I think all Poole Fans have to step back a little and appreciate where we are as a club.

The facts are - Matt has announced 2019 is his last season - No major team  sponsor on the horizon for arguably first time ever - 2 other major sponsors have said they won't be renewing - Little in way of TV money - Matt lost money (a largish amount) in the early part of 2018 due to the 70th Anniv meeting wipe out and all the big costs associated with flying people in from all around Europe with no return, plus subsequent cancellations for rain/track reasons. Bottom line, their is little to no money available and certainly nothing on the horizon in income before tapes up  early April.

Matt has come clean now on the situation with the media that he is having to cut back big time for first time in years (or possibly ever) in who/what he can afford to sign. No longer can afford riders based overseas and flying in mechanics  let alone compete with upcoming stars like Woryna who gets £35k per year just as a signing on fee for Rybnik. I assume he will no longer be offering accommodation at home to riders as he will now be based abroad in his new biz venture. Another possible negative as he cannot offer the facility.

It may be that he was looking at both Allen & Jensen based on the various normally well informed rumours that were mentioned. Could it be that both wanted above what Matt was able/prepared to pay and as a result both deals fell through. Matt is a master at PR releases and makes it sound as if he had to move quickly to get NBJ due to his expunged Rye results , maybe artificially low GSA, and the comments from Pedersen about how good he thinks he will be. In a way good PR turns a negative into a positive on the reality of what may have gone on.

Think we have to accept that certainly for now the big money and big signings are gone. All Matt can do is work withing the much lower budget he has with no major sponsors and try his best to at least put out a competitive team.

We have to forget the past, and at least support what we do have in what is obviously difficult financial times for the club and the sport in general as far as the Prem league is concerned. Fortunately the Champ/National Leagues seems in reasonable condition and working within its financial needs.