British Speedway Forum

Poole 2019

Aviator

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Harris isn't a Poole asset so Poole will not necessarily have first choice!!!

According to several at Somerset, Jack has 'matured' somewhat - certainly his racing has, so hopefully has his attitude.

Gary May has not had a single problem with him.

10 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

I would be very surprised if Jack wasn’t included in the 2019 team, my only concern his 7.35 average I likely to make him number 1, we would then require a Chris Holder 7.16 or similar rider in the team to take the number 1 strain after the first set of averages. 

Also worth mentioning the Bonus points not included in the GSA's.

In 24 matches in 2018 Jack scored 25 bonus points which was more than any Somerset rider. Only 3 riders Prem riders matched or better in 2018 in total. One of those was Woryna who matched 25.

After what happened with Brady in 2018 I am always wary of how things will go. Similar to Morris who dropped way off compared to 2017 (like Brady and Nick both fell in similar terms). But what you can't dismiss is that all 3 of those riders have potential and come season start Jack at 23 - Nick at 24 and Brady at 22 all have the potential to push on. I would happily have all 3 as feel all of them will improve even if one maybe doesnt increase at all.

7 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Also worth mentioning the Bonus points not included in the GSA's.

In 24 matches in 2018 Jack scored 25 bonus points which was more than any Somerset rider. Only 3 riders Prem riders matched or better in 2018 in total. One of those was Woryna who matched 25.

After what happened with Brady in 2018 I am always wary of how things will go. Similar to Morris who dropped way off compared to 2017 (like Brady and Nick both fell in similar terms). But what you can't dismiss is that all 3 of those riders have potential and come season start Jack at 23 - Nick at 24 and Brady at 22 all have the potential to push on. I would happily have all 3 as feel all of them will improve even if one maybe doesnt increase at all.

Before anyone says yes but he had Doyle in the team. Yes he did but as we all know Doyle doesn't normally team ride being very much a self interest rider. You have to still beat the 2 opposition riders and if you have a team mate mainly interested in only gate and go then you still have to do the work to get a BP. Arguably  even more with Doyle in your team ;-)

Jack Holder a far better option than Chris Harris for Poole surely.

Harris has the odd good race here and there like beating Doyle, he is a crowd pleaser and probably good for team moral, but he is only going one way and that is down and Jack Holder going the other way.

I would imagine Poole will go with

Kurtz

Jack Holder

Klindt

Jacobsen

Then fill in the gaps, possibly Woryna but he showed last season that unless he was at reserve he didnt do that well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not true at all. May had to threaten him with the sack.

Not what he told me.

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Harris has the odd good race here and there like beating Doyle, he is a crowd pleaser and probably good for team moral, but he is only going one way and that is down and Jack Holder going the other way.

Kurtz

Jack Holder

Klindt

Jacobsen

Then fill in the gaps, possibly Woryna but he showed last season that unless he was at reserve he didnt do that well.

I think Matt will find it very hard to leave Chris out after last season, but as ive said before even Chris will freely admit he is not a No 1 but he is captain matierial definately.. All your said riders have the abillity to improve again..

Edited by Starman2006

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Kurtz

Jack Holder

Klindt

Jacobsen

Think you are underestimating the importance of team spirit, but you do at least have Klindt in there, so I'll let you off!

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Prob doesn't want it broadcast on the forum! :rofl:

Gary doesnt tell rubbish, he says it as it is. If he did give Jack a boll--cking then it would have been early days, but he's had no problem with him last season. And i would believe Gary.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

I think Matt will find it very hard to leave Chris out after last season, but as ive said before even Chris will freely admit he is not a No 1 but he is captain matierial definately.. All your said riders have the abillity to improve again..

why would we change josh as captain he won the league as captain last season I'm sure chris will be at poole next season that's if he rides in this country of course 

14 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Think you are underestimating the importance of team spirit, but you do at least have Klindt in there, so I'll let you off!

No team spirit is important.

Just cant see why Poole would want Harris back apart from the morale he brings to other riders................it wont be for his scoring and he pretty much went missing in the play off finals didnt even win a race over the two legs

I get what he brings to a team but surely Poole should look forward not backwards

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

No team spirit is important.

Just cant see why Poole would want Harris back apart from the morale he brings to other riders................it wont be for his scoring and he pretty much went missing in the play off finals didnt even win a race over the two legs

I get what he brings to a team but surely Poole should look forward not backwards

I think Matt  Ford will consider his team carefully.

Let's not  escape the fact that Poole team only won 2 matches away all season - both at Leicester the bottom team who won't be there this year. Shame as think its Klindt's favourite track ;-)

I think  strength in depth will again be important, as we saw with all 3 leagues finishing top wins you nothing (a shame but its a reality as this is the way its set up).

I am sold on Chris Holder (or Nick Morris) - Jack Holder - B.Kurtz - Woryna - Jakobsen - Klindt - Shanes (with his 2.5% reduction) and its creeps withing the 42.5 (assuming Chris keeps his 7.15/16). Last season proved that its about winning your home matches and getting important away points by staying within 6 points. It would be a team of combined youth and experience.

An not convinced about Josh G and have a feeling he has reached his limit and will still be trying hard to establish himself in his adopted home nation Poland having changed teams after failures of 2018. Can see him maybe going back into Champ, although having POL Sunday may mess that up. He was better when doubling up even if an exhausting schedule. I feel there have to be some changes as we were a bit fortunate this year.

Plenty of scope for improvement in the younger riders with stability from Klindt and Holder. Also have 3 possible strong reserves maybe alternating i.e Jakobsen/Klindt and maybe Woryna sharing that berth at times with Shanes.

Of course I could be way off the mark and Matt may have other ideas :-)

13 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I think Matt  Ford will consider his team carefully.

Let's not  escape the fact that Poole team only won 2 matches away all season - both at Leicester the bottom team who won't be there this year. Shame as think its Klindt's favourite track ;-)

I think  strength in depth will again be important, as we saw with all 3 leagues finishing top wins you nothing (a shame but its a reality as this is the way its set up).

I am sold on Chris Holder (or Nick Morris) - Jack Holder - B.Kurtz - Woryna - Jakobsen - Klindt - Shanes (with his 2.5% reduction) and its creeps withing the 42.5 (assuming Chris keeps his 7.15/16). Last season proved that its about winning your home matches and getting important away points by staying within 6 points. It would be a team of combined youth and experience.

An not convinced about Josh G and have a feeling he has reached his limit and will still be trying hard to establish himself in his adopted home nation Poland having changed teams after failures of 2018. Can see him maybe going back into Champ, although having POL Sunday may mess that up. He was better when doubling up even if an exhausting schedule. I feel there have to be some changes as we were a bit fortunate this year.

Plenty of scope for improvement in the younger riders with stability from Klindt and Holder. Also have 3 possible strong reserves maybe alternating i.e Jakobsen/Klindt and maybe Woryna sharing that berth at times with Shanes.

Of course I could be way off the mark and Matt may have other ideas :-)

I'm sorry to say if I was james I would be looking else where next season after he was the scapegoat for under performing riders last time around if he had been an aussie he may have keep his place just my opinion :nono:

• Like 5