British Speedway Forum

Poole 2019

Aviator

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

It was stated publicly at the R.E.F. function last night (relayed by Matt Ford) that there would likely be 2 Monday tracks an 5 Thursday tracks (possibly 3M and 4Th). Poole will run mainly on a Thursday although for TV it'll be Mondays. There will be the occasional Wednesday meeting due to when all the Thursday tracks are against each other, if that make sense.  Poole will continue with Good Friday and BH Mondays.  The first home meeting is likely to be around the 10/11 April 2019.

The club will announce 2 new co-promoters (not owners - Matt will still own the club) around the end of this month - they are expected to be officially licenced by the end of November.

Expect the first rider announcement to also be around the same time. NO mention of a new club main sponsor as yet. 

Then I assume belle vue can ride some Fridays also 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good Friday, the only day Poole are referring, to is a profitable day for British Speedway. Make use of ALL bank holidays to ensure better than usual crowds.

Plain common sense tells us that. Id expect other clubs to do the same.

2 minutes ago, BobC said:

Good Friday, the only day Poole are referring, to is a profitable day for British Speedway. Make use of ALL bank holidays to ensure better than usual crowds.

Plain common sense tells us that. Id expect other clubs to do the same.

Everyone will ride good Friday, I'm on about racing some meetings on a Wednesday, not a FRN, I don't want to sound like a broken record but I don't care. What is the point in having FRN if teams are going to ride on a Wednesday. 

Having 5 teams on a Thursday and 2 on a Monday is ridiculous. Might aswell put all on a Thursday or make a 3rd team ride on a Monday 

1 hour ago, ray c said:

As been in the past so no reason why not

Assuming Swindon have a track to race on ??

isn't there the not the small question of actually getting a certain notice approved to even get approval to start the building. On the Swindon BSF forum it stated.

Planning permission has been granted SUBJECT TO THE SIGNING OF A SECTION 106 AGREEMENT. And as para 55 of the report states "the matters raised are complex and difficult to resolve" and this planning application does not resolve them. Given the history of this application and the applicants previous (in)actions it would be unwise to assume that this will be resolved in short order.   Unquote.

Raising the question that IF this was not agreed and the work did not start/Complete or maybe both, would they be able to race on the old track or is that a no/no ?.

I raise the question as with the loss of Somerset to the Champ the Swindon bank Holiday double fixture would be quite a hit to both promotions with the Derby crowd and revenue one could expect (weather permitting of course).

16 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Assuming Swindon have a track to race on ??

isn't there the not the small question of actually getting a certain notice approved to even get approval to start the building. On the Swindon BSF forum it stated.

Planning permission has been granted SUBJECT TO THE SIGNING OF A SECTION 106 AGREEMENT. And as para 55 of the report states "the matters raised are complex and difficult to resolve" and this planning application does not resolve them. Given the history of this application and the applicants previous (in)actions it would be unwise to assume that this will be resolved in short order.   Unquote.

Raising the question that IF this was not agreed and the work did not start/Complete or maybe both, would they be able to race on the old track or is that a no/no ?.

I raise the question as with the loss of Somerset to the Champ the Swindon bank Holiday double fixture would be quite a hit to both promotions with the Derby crowd and revenue one could expect (weather permitting of course).

Do not need planning permission to alter the track, just the stand etc.

8 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Do not need planning permission to alter the track, just the stand etc.

So are you saying there will be a track and spectator facilities for the Easter BH or is it a case we are hopeful.

Not being difficult as I want all clubs to survive and its an important double fixture for both clubs financially with the local rivalry.

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Everyone will ride good Friday, I'm on about racing some meetings on a Wednesday, not a FRN, I don't want to sound like a broken record but I don't care. What is the point in having FRN if teams are going to ride on a Wednesday. 

Having 5 teams on a Thursday and 2 on a Monday is ridiculous. Might aswell put all on a Thursday or make a 3rd team ride on a Monday 

FRN has always been the wrong expression. The agreement relates to priority. Subject to the agreement of the teams whose standard race night it is, any team can ride on any night. The problem was (a) getting your own 1-7 together on the chosen night and (b) getting an opposition 1-7 willing to come. 

PL operated in 2018 with the protected race nights of Monday and Thursday but that didn’t stop Poole and KL regularly, and others spasmodically racing on a Wednesday, a night on which Denmark has protection. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

1. Chris Holder 7.16

2. Kacper Woryna 6.30

3. Brady Kurtz 6.75

4. Nicolai Klindt 6.61

5. Chris Harris 7.09

6. Fredrik Jakobsen 5.04

7. James Shanes 3.31

= 42.26

Jack Holder (Poole Asset) 7.39  for Chris Harris and the 2.5% reduction for Shanesie = 42.47;)  All Poole assets.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

FRN has always been the wrong expression. The agreement relates to priority. Subject to the agreement of the teams whose standard race night it is, any team can ride on any night. The problem was (a) getting your own 1-7 together on the chosen night and (b) getting an opposition 1-7 willing to come. 

PL operated in 2018 with the protected race nights of Monday and Thursday but that didn’t stop Poole and KL regularly, and others spasmodically racing on a Wednesday, a night on which Denmark has protection. 

Monday & Wednesday were the "set race days" agreed at last year's AGM. The problem was that the 2nd priority day agreed at the ISLB was Thursday. Whether that was before or after the AGM and why it was different is anybody's guess.

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Jack Holder (Poole Asset) 7.39  for Chris Harris and the 2.5% reduction for Shanesie = 42.47;)  All Poole assets.

I hope the promoter remembers how rude and unreliable the Holder clan can and, have been and, treat them in the same way as a cheeky Brit rider is treated!! Hopefully the revolving door will be running at max revs before the season even gets started..