British Speedway Forum

Wolves v King's Lynn 03/09/18

15 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I stated also that Wolves weren’t good enough to make the play offs and wouldn’t.

we had something to ride for technically not realistically.

Anyway I know you like to always be right so you must be really happy right now. Do we still have something to race for by the way on Wednesday? :rolleyes:

I am right, it's not a discussion.

We had something to ride for. Had we won or even got a draw tonight, we would potentially still have had something to ride for on Wednesday.

Now we don't have anything to race for, other than pride, on Wednesday.

Very simple concept.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

If you had won tonight it would still be impossible for you to make the play offs.

I’ve known that for weeks. Would have taken a freak of nature or several away wins for it to be a possible reality. That reality ended after 2 defeats at Kings Lynn.

Still, I’m sure it makes some happy to believe we still had a chance. 1% at best.

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

I’ve known that for weeks. Would have taken a freak of nature or several away wins for it to be a possible reality. That reality ended after 2 defeats at Kings Lynn.

Still, I’m sure it makes some happy to believe we still had a chance. 1% at best.

Thankyou for finally posting that you were wrong. We got there in the end.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Thankyou for finally posting that you were wrong. We got there in the end.

That’s it, you hang on to that 1% chance as your proof.

still the result was always going to be the same as I’ve been saying for weeks we never stood a chance. I was right eventually.:neutral:

6 hours ago, stevebrum said:

That’s it, you hang on to that 1% chance as your proof.

still the result was always going to be the same as I’ve been saying for weeks we never stood a chance. I was right eventually.:neutral:

In all honesty, when you came to our place recently, you were by far the weakest  team we had raced against this year.  Only half the team were good enough and the rest were way off the pace....      I said at the time how surprising it was to see them that weak.     Their home form has been their saviour  this year,  but even then, the results have been much closer than they used to be. .  

It didn't surprise that we won tonight,  I always thought it would be close,   but the way Wolves folded,  must have disappointed even the most ardent supporters.....  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Perhaps you might wish to learn what the word 'impossible' means. Improbable yes, Impossible no.

Impossible to beat Poole  because of your points difference. Had another look you could have got above Belle Vue and Swindon with some results going your way. 

Edited by foreverblue

11 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ok thanks. Any idea who goes first?

Surely it`s pretty obvious who goes first. the team who finishes top at the end of the regular season, we know chooses the opposition and also decides if they want their leg 1st or 2nd.

The remaining match is between the other 2 qualified teams and the team that finished higher in the regular season has the choice of their home leg 1st or 2nd.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, g13webb said:

In all honesty, when you came to our place recently, you were by far the weakest  team we had raced against this year.  Only half the team were good enough and the rest were way off the pace....      I said at the time how surprising it was to see them that weak.     Their home form has been their saviour  this year,  but even then, the results have been much closer than they used to be. .  

It didn't surprise that we won tonight,  I always thought it would be close,   but the way Wolves folded,  must have disappointed even the most ardent supporters.....  

From the seemingly strong position of being 10 points up, Wolves fans would have thought they would win in a canter but with Robert Lambert and Iversen in the team anything is possible.

Kings Lynn seem to be the form team right now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Surely it`s pretty obvious who goes first. the team who finishes top at the end of the regular season, we know chooses the opposition and also decides if they want their leg 1st or 2nd.

The remaining match is between the other 2 qualified teams and the team that finished higher in the regular season has the choice of their home leg 1st or 2nd.

I think what SS is getting at is,that apparently the 1st semi final is the 17th Sept,the 2nd semi is 24th Sept and on Oct 1st is both semi finals 2nd legs.So by the looks of it there will be two teams that go first.

42 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I think what SS is getting at is,that apparently the 1st semi final is the 17th Sept,the 2nd semi is 24th Sept and on Oct 1st is both semi finals 2nd legs.So by the looks of it there will be two teams that go first.

Ah i see ! Well that’s clear as well then- the all conquering Poole are bound to be the 2nd week- BT will surely want the best kept to the end lol

15 hours ago, DizzAssStar said:
6 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

Ok let me rephrase 

Nick Morris is in poor form 

Err ............... you were sayin?

Yes Niels had a great meeting.  Pleased for him and the team :t:

But their 2018 averages before last night...…. N. Morris 7.18...…… NKI 7.20. 

Both riders not having a good season.

we were poor last night the team that won wanted it more cant remember when max clegg got a good score at wolves and ash morris is like a yo yo good score last week but cant follow it up was a bit surprised with robert lambert spitting the dummy last night and charging throught the tapes when disqualified for wrong helmet colour must have upset him some what

2 hours ago, jaybob said:

we were poor last night the team that won wanted it more cant remember when max clegg got a good score at wolves and ash morris is like a yo yo good score last week but cant follow it up was a bit surprised with robert lambert spitting the dummy last night and charging throught the tapes when disqualified for wrong helmet colour must have upset him some what

Thats what can happen when your mum doesn't dress you properly!!:party::rofl:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jaybob said:

I enjoy watching Robert Lambert at Wolves, he is always improving and carries lots of speed through the bends as apposed to scrubbing it off by turning too tight, I have to say though he let himself down last night by riding through the tapes after been excluded, he had been in white all night yet came out in yellow in Ht 15, why?? Riders can be hyped up but real bad from mechanic/ team manager that he left the pits with wrong helmet on