British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Ipswich

4 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Think Glasgow v Ipswich will be a epic battle. Witches need to gain 4 league points which is a massive ask but we have nicholls and barker guesting while the tigers have chosen Manzares which makes us slightly stronger imo. Think we will lose by 4 on the night. 

Lets see how the meeting is going on the night and then decide who will win, same next week problem solved :D.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Time for a plan between us to stop the trick trackers making it then.

If they do I fear the worst ;).

Having only won once away from home and against a very depleted team, I think its pretty safe to say we wont win at Ipswich. I have my doubts we will beat Ipswich on Tuesday or at least stop them getting a point and think we should ask the riders to work on their averages for next year.

2 minutes ago, MD said:

Having only won once away from home and against a very depleted team, I think its pretty safe to say we wont win at Ipswich. I have my doubts we will beat Ipswich on Tuesday or at least stop them getting a point and think we should ask the riders to work on their averages for next year.

What is the point of asking riders to work on their averages for next year when they might not be in your Team.:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Stiltonpanther said:

We signed him on a two year deal and as an asset so expect him to be with the Panthers next year.

Means nothing these days being an asset if Ipswich did want Nicholls Ged may as well rip up the contract and then make them either buy him or get a swap loan for Danny King if hes hopefully fit for next season and keep MPT as the asset rider. 

21 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

It’s almost as if you’ve been keeping a close eye on the Witches, watching us go in to meetings understrength and rubbing your hands at the prospect of a comfortable evening dispatching a weakened side, and now you’re royally cheesed off that we’ve got the brass neck to turn up with a full septet!

The side that will turn up will STILL be weaker than our own 7 without Danny King and Rory Schlein btw :rolleyes:

I like to keep an eye on ALL teams and what's happening. 
As for being cheesed off, not at all. I'm just going by other posts, many by Witches' fans who seem a bit bemused by the fact that there has been a noted absence of guests.
As for King and Schlein being better, on paper maybe but it's another matter on the track and both Scotty and Ben  are no slouches.

As for Glasgow, I'd take nothing for granted these days as we never know who is going to turn up. We were favourites in many folk's eyes for the title this year but events on and off the tracks changed that.
I'm sure it will be a good close meeting.

Odds certainly are stacking up against us

Will take an heroic effort - one or two need produce very special performances

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Just another one of those seasons Badge unfortunately. Kind of expect it now tbh! it’s yet another blow as Barker is usually very good around Glasgow. 

I honestly think that may have just given Glasgow the edge now.
Nico certainly can't do any worse than he did yesterday and Coty also knows his way around Glasgow so it will be a good tight meeting I expect

Edited by cinderfella
Spelling error

1 hour ago, cinderfella said:

I honestly think that may have just given Glasgow though.
Nico certainly can't do any worse than he did yesterday and Coty also knows his way around Glasgow so it will be a good tight meeting I expect

Worse hmmmm looks like his form carried over to tonight for Somerset.

0,F,F then taken out of his last ride .

It ain't looking good 

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Convenient for tiggers  

Pray tell in what way? No one knows what Barker would have scored or r/r will score unless you are clairvoyant :blink: But if you look at what happened on Saturday with Klindt having severe bike trouble for worrky against the moanrchs resulting in a lucky point - do you consider that convenient?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Pray tell in what way? No one knows what Barker would have scored or r/r will score unless you are clairvoyant :blink: But if you look at what happened on Saturday with Klindt having severe bike trouble for worrky against the moanrchs resulting in a lucky point - do you consider that convenient?

Barker is in a bit of form that’s all, more fortunate I would say.