British Speedway Forum

Workington v Edinburgh Ch 01/09/18 7:00pm

So after last weeks curtailment against Lakeside and the rain off against Redcar Workington go in search of League points against the mighty Monarchs of Edinburgh.

I will be happy with all riders finishing the meeting safely, good weather , oh and a 10pt win for the Comets.:)

Get well soon Dan.

6 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Dumb question time but the fact that ben was "due" to ride last sunday but was rained off does the 8 day rule still apply , dont wont edinburgh  waiting till sat to question it !

No because

1) He didnt ride anyway

2) The 8 day rule only applies to guest appearances. As he wouldve been representing his own club last Sunday even had the meeting gone ahead I belueve he would still be elligible!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Dumb question time but the fact that ben was "due" to ride last sunday but was rained off does the 8 day rule still apply , dont wont edinburgh  waiting till sat to question it !

think the 8 day rule does not apply when riding for the home team .

8 hours ago, geoff100 said:

So hopefully lots of fans will.donate the £13 from last weeks ticket to dan and pay the full addmission this week to help laura , lets all show her and dan great support .

onnitdooinitspreadthewordabit !

Edited by jenga

Coming up for this one should be a good meeting, big downside is what happened to Dan hopefully he makes a rapid recovery and comes back stronger than ever next season, the most naturally gifted rider ive seen at BV since the days of PC and Mort.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, geoff100 said:

So hopefully lots of fans will.donate the £13 from last weeks ticket to dan and pay the full addmission this week to help laura , lets all show her and dan great support .

Is that how it works?  I had in my head that it was only taken to heat 10 (or wherever you got a result) so you would get £8 off admission?

13 hours ago, sparks123 said:

Is that how it works?  I had in my head that it was only taken to heat 10 (or wherever you got a result) so you would get £8 off admission?

think its worked out to ht 12 

heat 10 can only be declared a result if loosing team agrees  as far as I remember 

ill be paying full price   

• Like 1

Although we dealt out a bit of a pasting last night to the Comets, I feel this will be a lot lot closer run thing. Comets unbeaton  at home and looking to bounce back from last night and with play off hopes still high, a lot at stake for both teams.

hoping for a monarchs win but i can see comets maybe  taking it 47-43 (possible last heat decider).

Edited by GhostRider