British Speedway Forum

Swindon v Belle Vue // Premiership // 6.9.18

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So Swindon fans now want a rider change, after the deadline?  Too late. August 15th been and long gone.

No they don’t - one person mentioned it.  No point in doing anything now even if it was possible.  What Jack needed was regular CL racing but that went when Glasgow released him.  NL is currently his level and some experience in the CL would have helped him but not ready for PL - as his scores suggest.

43 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

No they don’t - one person mentioned it.  No point in doing anything now even if it was possible.  What Jack needed was regular CL racing but that went when Glasgow released him.  NL is currently his level and some experience in the CL would have helped him but not ready for PL - as his scores suggest.

As much as I like the lad Glasgow should have released him earlier last season like the wee Tigers did this year.
If he made the gate he was fine but struggled if he didn't and sadly his confidence suffered.
I am of the view the reserves should only race each other with a start from each gate position and that way their confidence isn't affected.

13 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

As much as I like the lad Glasgow should have released him earlier last season like the wee Tigers did this year.
If he made the gate he was fine but struggled if he didn't and sadly his confidence suffered.
I am of the view the reserves should only race each other with a start from each gate position and that way their confidence isn't affected.

Oops - I knew it was Tigers he was released from - just the wrong ones!  My bad!

13 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Jack has had two spells at Championship level and a full season with the Aces so he is a lot more exsperienced than Brennan but not as good.

Jack has a 8.30 ave and Tom a 8.13 ave in the National league at the moment so not much between them so I would think thatTom would also find points hard to come by.But in truth any National league rider that comes in on a 2 point average will be totally outclassed in the prem league,the only reason they are there is so that a team can have a stronger 1 to 5 so any point they might score is a bonus.When Jack rode for Belle vue our fans understood why Jack was there and never got on his back and cheered wildly when he scored a point.Swindon fans on the whole do not seem to understand why Jack is in the team.Just look at the class of riders in the reserve positions for other teams this year to see why he is finding points hard to come by.Had Swindon fans got off his back a little so that there was no pressure he might have the odd meeting where he scored the odd point or two he did at Belle vue in a few meetings.

The only way to have a reserve that can score points every meeting is to weaken your top 5 and sign a stronger rider end of story.

• Like 1