British Speedway Forum

Somerset v Kings Lynn Tuesday September 4th

Just now, foreverblue said:

Would he have pulled out of heat 15 if they needed to win to make the play offs?

Probably not........but irrelevant , Somerset safe in the play offs, know they will face Poole wether they top the table or not, no point over doing things 

26 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Stirring as usual

He jarred his back again in heat 13 against Nicholls, the same injury he incurred riding Pooles dangerous track the other week.

Kings Lynn had already won, he didnt need to risk himself further. Somerset unlikely to top the table and wether they come first or second they would have the easier tie against Poole anyway. 

And no he cant win the world title but he wants to stay in the top 8 , he will undoubtedly get a wildcard but better to make sure

Why would the travelling Rebels fans be fuming?  You make no sense. Lets say Woryna picks up a minor injury in his first or second ride. Would you want him to carry on and risk further injury or would you rather he rested for the important play off matches?? 

Try looking closer to home for riders cheating their travelling support. You and other Poole fans were very vocal about Poole riders 'not needing to try' at Kings Lynn, but yet you come on here and say Doyle cheated Somerset fans...........you really are laughable

Personally, if i paid to travel away to watch my team and we could of won, Id be pissed right off at not having our top rider in the final heat to try and win us the match. Pathetic attitude if he wasnt injured but to be honest knowing Doyle he is a racer so seems a bit odd. 

Your a lot more laughable than any Poole fan, a known loner . Go back to your own thread.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

We don't have a number one, we have a rider that rides at number one.

Pooles team has been built with strong reserves and the top 5 chipping in about 7 each. 

That will win most meetings but if the reserves have an off night then Poole are clearly vulnerable to a team that has proper heat leaders. Technically Poole have 7 riders who are all second strings

• Like 1

Just now, Gavan said:

Pooles team has been built with strong reserves and the top 5 chipping in about 7 each. 

That will win most meetings but if the reserves have an off night then Poole are clearly vulnerable to a team that has proper heat leaders. Technically Poole have 7 riders who are all second strings

True, Harris was a breath of fresh air when he came in but has been a bit inconsistent not as inconsistent as Brady though!  The problem will always be if it comes down to the last 3 heats we are in trouble.

1 minute ago, Pinny said:

Personally, if i paid to travel away to watch my team and we could of won, Id be pissed right off at not having our top rider in the final heat to try and win us the match. Pathetic attitude if he wasnt injured but to be honest knowing Doyle he is a racer so seems a bit odd. 

Your a lot more laughable than any Poole fan, a known loner . Go back to your own thread.

Are you Starman in disguise telling people to go back to their own threads lol

You would rather have your top rider race in heat 15 with an injury just to win a match that will ultimately prove irrelevant, and then have him missing for the all important paly offs? Very strange way to look at it.

Thank You Jason Doyle we nicked that win against the leagues bottom club as you put yourself through the pain barrier, doesnt matter that we have lost you for the play offs as that win helped us to come second in the league. Im sure Somerset fans would prefer that lol

Doyle and Lambert are probably the 2 riders in the league that couldnt be replaced (unless with each other). If the match meant anything then maybe he would have done it. Fcat is it didnt and he didnt need to.

Very strange way of thinking 

1 minute ago, Gavan said:

Are you Starman in disguise telling people to go back to their own threads lol

You would rather have your top rider race in heat 15 with an injury just to win a match that will ultimately prove irrelevant, and then have him missing for the all important paly offs? Very strange way to look at it.

Thank You Jason Doyle we nicked that win against the leagues bottom club as you put yourself through the pain barrier, doesnt matter that we have lost you for the play offs as that win helped us to come second in the league. Im sure Somerset fans would prefer that lol

Doyle and Lambert are probably the 2 riders in the league that couldnt be replaced (unless with each other). If the match meant anything then maybe he would have done it. Fcat is it didnt and he didnt need to.

Very strange way of thinking 

So maybe Somerset are in the wrong and should of told their fans not to travel as they didnt want to win the match?

this forum is a much better place without you anywhere near it, everyone thinks the same. Whats happened has your webcam broken or are you skint after the mrs ran away with another bloke and you cant afford the quid a minute twit shows on twitter? ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

True, Harris was a breath of fresh air when he came in but has been a bit inconsistent not as inconsistent as Brady though!  The problem will always be if it comes down to the last 3 heats we are in trouble.

Harris is what you get and in my view along with Woryna has been the reasons why Poole are where they are and why they could on their day sneak the league. 

There is no doubt Brady has been very poor and is lucky to still have a job. He could come good in the play offs but he also has that tendency to not handle pressure.

There has been lots of talk over who is better Brady or Morris but both riders have gone backwards this season. Both a long way behind Fricke now and seeing riders like Jack Holder go past them.

Will either kick on? Morris i feel is at his level , Brady could but he needs to move forward next season. Maybe both have suffered with being out and out number ones and the pressure that has brought. 

• Like 1

Pinny showing Gavan up as per usual. 

Gavan with a completely floored argument. He will come back with the usual bullcrap about why its not floored but Doyle not riding in heat 15 was frankly ridiculous. All he had to do is gate and ride for 60 seconds and Somerset would have won. Doyle is not a lightweight.

If he doesn’t ride tonight there might be some logic, but if he lines up at Somerset then it was a farce of the highest order and something must be seriously wrong in the Somerset camp. 

#prayfordoyle

6 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Harris is what you get and in my view along with Woryna has been the reasons why Poole are where they are and why they could on their day sneak the league. 

There is no doubt Brady has been very poor and is lucky to still have a job. He could come good in the play offs but he also has that tendency to not handle pressure.

There has been lots of talk over who is better Brady or Morris but both riders have gone backwards this season. Both a long way behind Fricke now and seeing riders like Jack Holder go past them.

Will either kick on? Morris i feel is at his level , Brady could but he needs to move forward next season. Maybe both have suffered with being out and out number ones and the pressure that has brought. 

Yes you have made some good points there, Brady has spoken in the press about his season and the gist of it would suggest he feels he has found it hard to cope with the pressure of being number one. I feel we have missed Chris Holder's experience and he could of helped Brady, now we have Harris who I have always liked for his never give up attitude and he would be better as our number one I think.

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Pinny showing Gavan up as per usual. 

Gavan with a completely floored argument. He will come back with the usual bullcrap about why its not floored but Doyle not riding in heat 15 was frankly ridiculous. All he had to do is gate and ride for 60 seconds and Somerset would have won. Doyle is not a lightweight.

If he doesn’t ride tonight there might be some logic, but if he lines up at Somerset then it was a farce of the highest order and something must be seriously wrong in the Somerset camp. 

#prayfordoyle

The word is flawed.............lol

I ask you again......if Woryna aggravated an injury, would you prefer him to keep riding, do more damage, miss the play offs, or rest for the play offs??  Simple question that for some reason you cant answer. I use Woryna as he is possibly the only Poole rider they would struggle to replace

24 hours for an aggravated back injury he can have plenty of treatment.

Not one Somerset fan is annoyed he didnt ride but i guess they see they bigger picture 

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 2

Lets look at what could have happened then.

Doyle rides they get a 5-1 and 1 point becomes 3 put them on 45 points after 22 matches.

Somerset beat Kings Lynn by more than 7 tonight (possible) leaves Somerset on 48 and Lynn on 47 after 22 matches each.

Somerset then get a big away win at Belle Vue and move on to 52 after all matches completed.

Lynn then win only one of the double headers against Leicester and Somerset are top.

All of that could happen but unlikely. Would Somerset have anything to gain from coming top? No not this season. They wouldnt choose Belle Vue who won their recently and although no Bewley he only got 6 that night and r/r could cover that, they would choose Poole. Somerset by coming second will still be left with Poole as there is no way Kings Lynn will choose Poole.

Kings Lynn have won twice away at Belle Vue when Bewley got scores of 11+2 and 9 +2,  and beaten them twice at home (Lambert only getting 7) when Bewley also scored 12 and 8. The loss of Bewley makes Belle Vue even more inviting for Kings Lynn.

So to sum up..................no matter who tops the table the semi finals will be the same.

Why risk your irreplaceable number one getting a worse injury for the important play offs?

35 minutes ago, Gavan said:

The word is flawed.............lol

I ask you again......if Woryna aggravated an injury, would you prefer him to keep riding, do more damage, miss the play offs, or rest for the play offs??  Simple question that for some reason you cant answer. I use Woryna as he is possibly the only Poole rider they would struggle to replace

24 hours for an aggravated back injury he can have plenty of treatment.

Not one Somerset fan is annoyed he didnt ride but i guess they see they bigger picture 

I think Poole have already amply demonstrated that missing Klindt was difficult to replace. Even Kings Lynn using him to guest for NKI tonight think he's capable.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I think Poole have already amply demonstrated that missing Klindt was difficult to replace. Even Kings Lynn using him to guest for NKI tonight think he's capable.

Maybe the only one who would take the booking:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Poole fans just making themselves look silly again. One of them thinks he plays psychological games, he does if you're still at school and another one, who doesn't understand the appropriate use of, of and have, now seems to think he has physic powers. :D 

Be honest its just the one Poole fan................hasnt yet grown up and doesnt even answer questions lol