British Speedway Forum

Workington v Lakeside 25/08/2018 7:30pm Ch

1 hour ago, comet49 said:

Bad injuries, all the best Dan for a good recovery. 

Very serious injuries, but if there's a consolation he doesn't seem to have Head or Spinal injuries which is always a worry when you hear of such horror crashes.Dan is a superb talent and very level headed hope he makes a good recovery and only returns when 100% which I'm sur he will with the people behind him.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Very serious injuries, but if there's a consolation he doesn't seem to have Head or Spinal injuries which is always a worry when you hear of such horror crashes.Dan is a superb talent and very level headed hope he makes a good recovery and only returns when 100% which I'm sur he will with the people behind him.

That is indeed the blessing in all of this Fromafar your quite right.

4 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

Latest update on Dan from Comets website confirms his injuries as : broken left femur (5 places) ; broken upper right arm and broken left wrist. Following a 7 hour operation on Sunday his injuries have been pinned and plated and doctors are pleased with how it went. They hope to get him up on his feet in the next 24 hours. 

These injuries juries will make mobilising difficult. He won’t be able to use crutches etc. Poor Dan......

38 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

So is it r/r for dan or can we use guests or use a poole  rule and sign someone due to injury ?

R/R OR Guest.  Up to the club.  And I know your last question is tongue in cheek, but for those unaware, you shouldn't be able to sign someone as cover!

7 minutes ago, StevePark said:

R/R OR Guest.  Up to the club.  And I know your last question is tongue in cheek, but for those unaware, you shouldn't be able to sign someone as cover!

But there could be opportunities when signing another rider could be desirable or essential. Multiple injuries and guests would be a worse option than new signings. 

15 hours ago, StevePark said:

I was told on  that with serious injury/season ending injury you are allowed to sign a rider to replace...I'm not sure that's the route we would take though 

1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

I was told on  that with serious injury/season ending injury you are allowed to sign a rider to replace...I'm not sure that's the route we would take though 

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Whoever told you is wrong !!

I thought that before when the signing window had closed, clubs were permitted to replace an injured rider, subject to the following conditions:-

• The replacement had a GSA equal or below that of the injured rider
  • The replacement was not already riding for another club in that particular league
  • The replacement is already an asset of the club seeking to replace their injured rider
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, cyclone said:

I thought that before when the signing window had closed, clubs were permitted to replace an injured rider, subject to the following conditions:-

• The replacement was not already riding for another club in that particular league
  • The replacement is already an asset of the club seeking to replace their injured rider

2018 rule

16.3.4 No Team changes will be allowed after 12TH August with the effective date being 15th August, except for riders returning to the Team after injury who must re-take their position, dictated by their MA with their replacement being released.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, cyclone said:

You're making things up, as usual.

Racers and Royals has quote the rule correctly.

• Haha 1

Crazy rule, obviously badly injured, not forgetting Dan but penalises clubs and fans. I believe  Dan would be unreplaceable though on his present form,  R/R should do alright.  Again good luck to Dan in continuing his career next season.

Edited by comet49

23 minutes ago, comet49 said:

Crazy rule, obviously badly injured, not forgetting Dan but penalises clubs and fans. I believe  Dan would be unreplaceable though on his present form,  R/R should do alright.  Again good luck to Dan in continuing his career next season.

It's the same rule that severely damaged Berwick's chances last season when they where hit by injury and the same rule that applies to all teams , so not quite a crazy rule as you put.