British Speedway Forum

Sheffield 2019

1 minute ago, adz_mft said:

After the "incident" at Eastbourne this season I think it's highly unlikely that Drew would have ended up there tbh.Great signing for Sheffield.Drew is a huge talent 

I thought that as well adz but I’d also heard he was Eastie bound tbf. Don’t think the incident you’re talking about would have held long term grudges in all honesty. 

Business is business at the end of the day. 

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I thought that as well adz but I’d also heard he was Eastie bound tbf. Don’t think the incident you’re talking about would have held long term grudges in all honesty. 

Business is business at the end of the day. 

Well if he was Easbourne bound something obviously wasn't quite right if Sheffield have just come in and snapped him up from under their noses that's all I will say.Either way,i think Sheffield is a better move for Drew long term.Has had a season around Mildenhall,the bigger track will suit him.He flew around BV this year (clocked a faster time than the Premiership ht1 time the week before) so the big track is no issue for him.He will love it there I'm sure 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adz_mft said:

Well if he was Easbourne bound something obviously wasn't quite right if Sheffield have just come in and snapped him up from under their noses that's all I will say.Either way,i think Sheffield is a better move for Drew long term.Has had a season around Mildenhall,the bigger track will suit him.He flew around BV this year (clocked a faster time than the Premiership ht1 time the week before) so the big track is no issue for him.He will love it there I'm sure 

Totally agree. 

5 minutes ago, adz_mft said:

Had Eastbourne stuck a contract under his nose he’d now be an Eastbourne rider. But they’re not in a position at this moment to put names on contracts. Doesn’t mean wheels haven’t been put in motion. 

1 hour ago, OdsalBoy said:

So - can someone just confirm for me - Is Drew Kemp one of the 2 "mystery" signings that are to be unveiled on the 28th ? Or are they still being kept under wraps ?

Cheers

he is NOT one of those 2 signings although he will be there that night (is how i understand  it) 

11 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

1. Richard Lawson 9.03 / Danny King 8.90 / Scott Nicholls 8.35

2. Zaine Kennedy 4.00

3. Kyle Howarth 6.95

4. Todd Kurtz 5.91

5. Charles Wright 7.88

6. 2.23 / 2.36 / 2.91

7. Drew Kemp 2.00

Zaine at second string would be somewhat of a risk IMO, he hasn't even been proved at reserve yet.   **EDIT - realise that is the average he has to come in on,  hopefully the other reserve will be as much of a steal as Drew! 

Edited by Tigerblade

59 minutes ago, SheffieldTigersFan said:

I think that good old Ty Proctor is one of the two new signings to be announced in a week. The shadow on the promo pic looks suspiciously like him on the right (it won’t let me attach photo)

ty still has broken bones and nerve damage in one hand. healing time. ? .

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:31 AM, adz_mft said:

.He flew around BV this year (clocked a faster time than the Premiership ht1 time the week before) so the big track is no issue for him.He will love it there I'm sure 

He was brilliant that night.

Paid 14 from 5 starts at Scunthorpe for Ipswich, though, was the most impressive performance I saw anywhere last season.  

• Like 1