British Speedway Forum

Sheffield 2019

12 minutes ago, screm said:

Great signing for Sheffield, even in his short time with Ipswich at the end of last season its obvious young Kemp is quite a talent. He was always going to be one of the most sort after signings this off season and Sheffield have won the race, so credit to them for doing so.

Not at Workington, apparently  :lol:

• Like 1

Well Done to the Sheffield Promotion, for quality signing in Drew Kemp, and a name that would have been on most  Championship teams shopping list.

Also admire the riders ambition to sign for a big track club and get to learn a type of track that he will not be used to, looks like the Simon Stead factor has swayed the lad and what he can learn from Steady.

Will be interesting to see who the two riders are to be announced a week on Wednesday, but so far so good.

Drew is a fantastic talent - great control and composure for a rider with only 1 season of competitive racing

But please dont expect TOO much - no doubt he will make a mockery of his 2 point average but equally he may still have the odd shocker

I hope there wont be pressure on him for big scores from day 1

• Like 2

There's some banging Polish Division 2 teams:

Tero Aarnio    Finland    1984    -
Stanisław Burza    Poland    1977    1,349
Adrian Gomólski    Poland    1987    0.000 (nsk)
Michael Haertel    Germany    1998    -
Dominik Kossakowski    Poland    1997    1,167 (league 1)
Matej Kus    Czech Republic    1989    -
Wojciech Lisiecki    Poland    1992    0.906 (1st league)
Jordan Stewart    Australia    1998    -
Hynek Stichauer    Czech Republic    1987

Managed by Stan the Man himself.

Todd Kurtz's team is equally fearsome:

Facundo Albin    Argentina    1992    1,083 (nsk)
Damian Baliński    Poland    1977    1,954
Petr Chlupac    Czech Republic    2002    -
Todd Kurtz    Australia    1992    -
Jaimon Lidsey    Australia    1999    2,000 and 0,00 (Ekstraliga - nsk)

After the brilliant signing of Drew it would be good to get Danny king in as it might help Drew to settle quicker.A fully fit King would be a good choice my only worry would be how fit is he after last season? King Zaine Drew and I expect Kyle to be back would give us about 22.85 and leave around 15.15 for the last 3. Broc on a 4 possibly still leaves 11!!!!

13 hours ago, Gazc said:

If your management were not looking at this kid on a 2pt average with the ability he has they would be neglecting there duty in building the strongest team possible.

We will see... a lot of hype about him, he didn't light up the World when he rode at Workington this season , Kyle Bickley beating him in heat 2 no problem lets hope the pressure doesn't get to him but personally I think people are expecting too much from a young lad coming up into the Championship

Cast your mind back less than a month ago when a team , cast aside at the start of the season by everyone as not being the strongest on paper , scooped the "Treble" :D who would have thought !!!!  So you see our Management will be neglecting nothing believe me,  on their duty of putting our team together :approve:

Let’s get real here, there isn’t a SINGLE club in the division who would turn their nose up at Drew Kemp on a 2 point average so behave. 

If Drew had spoken to the Workington promotion and said “I’d like to ride for you next year”, there isn’t a chance in hell they’d have said “nah you’re not for us” :rolleyes:

Sheffield have Simon Stead to thank for this signing. I believe he was all set to sign for Eastbourne until Stead persuaded him to sign for Sheffield. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steve Irving said:

Let’s get real here, there isn’t a SINGLE club in the division who would turn their nose up at Drew Kemp on a 2 point average so behave. 

If Drew had spoken to the Workington promotion and said “I’d like to ride for you next year”, there isn’t a chance in hell they’d have said “nah you’re not for us” :rolleyes:

Sheffield have Simon Stead to thank for this signing. I believe he was all set to sign for Eastbourne until Stead persuaded him to sign for Sheffield. 

CRIKEY ! ! !

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

After the "incident" at Eastbourne this season I think it's highly unlikely that Drew would have ended up there tbh.Great signing for Sheffield.Drew is a huge talent 

• Like 2