British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2019

In the longer Terry Russell article in the Speedway Star he says that much of the new speedway track work should be done in October and November.

The dog track will also be changed and Gaming International will be trying to do that work in between greyhound race days over the winter.

I would not have Batch back unless he's at 5 with Doyle at 1. Terry Russell with some interesting comments in his programme notes, said that the top two leagues are too close in class which isn't right, Said that the top league needs to be just that (or words to those effects). Said the product can't be weakened any further.

I'd like the following team if 42.5

Doyle - 9.54

Howarth (now living locally) - 5.16

Ellis - 6.49

Musielak - 6.65

An Other - 6.66

Watjknecht - 4.33

Nielsen = 3.67

or if they decide to use an NL rider at 7 (u21) which I don't have an issue with as that bring the boys along.

Brennan - 2.0

Killer - 7.1

Would have Muesli and Zach back. Morra needs a change, Wolves perhaps, Adam perhaps would do better at Lynn.

Doyle won't come back to Swindon

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

I would not have Batch back unless he's at 5 with Doyle at 1. Terry Russell with some interesting comments in his programme notes, said that the top two leagues are too close in class which isn't right, Said that the top league needs to be just that (or words to those effects). Said the product can't be weakened any further.

I'd like the following team if 42.5

Doyle - 9.54

Howarth (now living locally) - 5.16

Ellis - 6.49

Musielak - 6.65

An Other - 6.66

Watjknecht - 4.33

Nielsen = 3.67

or if they decide to use an NL rider at 7 (u21) which I don't have an issue with as that bring the boys along.

Brennan - 2.0

Killer - 7.1

So, the two leagues are too close in class?...:o

Well, considering they invariably use the same bloody riders I have to say I am not too shocked.....:rolleyes:

Next week, a Speedway Promoter will put in his programme notes that bears do actually defecate in the woods..:)

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 3

Until the new league formats and the management seeing if the bspa come up with a reduced team average limit again, rather than allow riders to improve their averages I would imagine the management have an idea of who they want in the team and will have one or a few team lineups in mind. 

On 9/30/2018 at 11:15 AM, A ORLOV said:

Until the new league formats and the management seeing if the bspa come up with a reduced team average limit again, rather than allow riders to improve their averages I would imagine the management have an idea of who they want in the team and will have one or a few team lineups in mind. 

Reduce the averages again and we will end up with more riders struggling to find a team place 

• Like 2

Hopefully we are back for tapes up, the only riders I'd retain are Zach, Adam, Tobi and Nick??, points limit and any silly only one over 7.5 rules need knowing before thinking about a #1 , no way can we keep diluting the product.