British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2019

5 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Kemp is worth trying by any team. The kid is dynamite. Doubt Ippo will use him this season so definitely worth a shot.

You can no longer ride in 3 Leagues and can't jump a League.

You can ride PL + CL or CL + NL

You can't ride PL +NL

So if Drew wanted to ride on contract for a PL side and double up he would have to give up his deal with Kent. Can't see him doing that as he is struggling as often as shining in CL for Sheffield and needs to crack CL first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, HGould said:

You can't ride PL +NL

So if Drew wanted to ride on contract for a PL side and double up he would have to give up his deal with Kent. Can't see him doing that as he is struggling as often as shining in CL for Sheffield and needs to crack CL first.

I wouldn't say struggling i would say he is learning, to even cope in the top five in the Championship Drew has made huge strides.He is still learning the tracks set ups ( etc) he is a huge talent and also comes across as a real level headed young man.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I Said exactly this a few weeks ago. Swindon have a good top 5 but nothing happening at reserve. The issue is Swindon need all top 5 clicking together and this will rarely happen. Last night shows Swindon’s team building issues.

They will probably win at our place next Monday but I am not convinced this team is good enough to do well in the playoffs. Shanes is struggling and Zack W has gone backwards.

Did you not realise the top five were not available at Belle Vue? a stupid post not thought out at all.Yes we are struggling at reserve but the encouraging thing for me was we only scored two from reserve last night and we had no Tobiasz but we still scored 41 pts.This against a strong Belle Vue side that is improving week on week and with Bewley getting more race fitness and maybe a potential change of Wells, Belle Vue will be in the mix come the end of the season .So as a Swindon fan i won't be panicking just jet.

Edited by Sidney the robin

1 hour ago, HGould said:

You can't ride PL +NL

Makes sense as well. Yes I reckon he will stick with those 2 leagues the rest of the season.

We stuck with Zach and Jack last season and I see the same thing happening this season with Zach and James - unless Zach continues for too long with his low scoring.  We know what he is capable of and he is worth persevering with to ride out of his current slump

10 hours ago, DC2 said:

Hasn’t he achieved a 3 point PL average by virtue of his 4.75 CL average?

it's not that which is the issue, the issue he can't ride in 3 Leagues so would have to ditch NL at Kent and in terms of rides and income; let alone confidence of winning; that's probably a wiser move right now.

Can't see Zach going anywhere personally. As for Shanes his 3.15 x 1.5 = 4.72? From the Champs riders to pick from. Now they either need to be 4.5 or above (or have previously achieved 4.5 or above?) at Championship level to be eligible. So Nielsen doesn't fit, Kemp cannot do all 3 leagues, Starke & Doolan not even close.  Only viable option is Sarj the tape breaker or Ayres if he has previously achieved over 4.5 (and that is allowed?).

11 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Can't see Zach going anywhere personally. As for Shanes his 3.15 x 1.5 = 4.72? From the Champs riders to pick from. Now they either need to be 4.5 or above (or have previously achieved 4.5 or above?) at Championship level to be eligible. So Nielsen doesn't fit, Kemp cannot do all 3 leagues, Starke & Doolan not even close.  Only viable option is Sarj the tape breaker or Ayres if he has previously achieved over 4.5 (and that is allowed?).

If this is the case then doesn't Connor Mountain fit? I don't believe he's in the NL.

10 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

The word on Twitter is Shanes has now been released.

Who is the replacement??

And can they score better than Shanes.

2+1 / 1 / 1 / 2+1 / 0 / 2+2 / 0

The word on Twitter where?

11 hours ago, DC2 said:

Hasn’t he achieved a 3 point PL average by virtue of his 4.75 CL average?

See below.

52 minutes ago, HGould said:

it's not that which is the issue, the issue he can't ride in 3 Leagues so would have to ditch NL at Kent and in terms of rides and income; let alone confidence of winning; that's probably a wiser move right now.

3 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

God why do all these rules exist?? Pickering would of been my choice but i beleive he is to high.

However IF Zach 4.29 + Shanes 3.15 = 7.44 - 0.01 to bring side under 42.5 limit = 7.43.

7.43 x 1.5 = 11.145 (can't remember where the round up/down starts).

However 11.14 - 6.36 (Pickering) = 4.78 (which would be enough for Garcia or Bacon). Brave move to drop Waj but would create a title winning side in my opinion.

1 minute ago, gustix said:

Why ask God Sidney the robin? I am sure he has more important things to concern him than tin-pot happenings in a dwindling in interest motor sport like speedway. 

I will stick with it Gustix ,some of the rules now  in place  are very puzzling.Bugger worrying about these trivial rules lets try to get British speedway back on track with the entertainment aspect being the number one priority.

• Like 1