British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2019

6 hours ago, Crazy robin said:

Just think there was so much improvement in Nick’s average but you make some very good points about each bit you’ve put.

I think Nick will be back Crazy at some stage in his career , i  hope so and i think he will be a great signing for the Wolves.Your  main point which is relevant and could be proved right has Rosco gone the same way as last year in building this side are they similar???? That side failed badly last year so why would 2019 be any different we shall see if Lampart struggles a decision there has to be made quickly though.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

I prefer the Swindon side containing Lampart & Shanes as well. Because it's a lot weaker. Lampart desperation signing. 

Not sure desperation signing is fair considering Rosco said he almost signed him last season to replace Bellego. It may well be a poor signing but only time will tell.

22 minutes ago, birdy said:

Not sure desperation signing is fair considering Rosco said he almost signed him last season to replace Bellego. It may well be a poor signing but only time will tell.

I look at it this way

Out: Morris, Bellego and Smith

In: Doyle , Lampart and Shanes

For me the bottom 3 riders will outscore the top 3.

Add in the improvement likely from Ellis and Zach and only those without speedway knowledge or the odd Poole fan wont accept this is a good 1-7

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

very weak with shanes/zak/lampart im afraid & ellis will have to step up to cover for them !!

I think your top 4 will keep Swindon in the hunt and in the top 4. 

If the bottom half does not do it's job then Rosco can always look to change riders should he not feel they will do what he needs from July onwards. I would hope not for the team, being Brits involved but ultimately we are in a results driven biz.

1 hour ago, BLACKHEART said:

Swindon 3 points better off. 4 at best.

Doyle and Shanes will outscore what Morris and Smith did by at least 6 points a meeting

38 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

very weak with shanes/zak/lampart im afraid & ellis will have to step up to cover for them !!

They were weaker with Morris/Zach/Smith and didnt make the play offs, they have clearly improved their 1-7

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

I look at it this way

Out: Morris, Bellego and Smith

In: Doyle , Lampart and Shanes

For me the bottom 3 riders will outscore the top 3.

Add in the improvement likely from Ellis and Zach and only those without speedway knowledge or the odd Poole fan wont accept this is a good 1-7

They have a good top 4, the bottom 3 has question marks for me. 

19 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

They have a good top 4, the bottom 3 has question marks for me. 

Yes it does but its a far more solid team than last year

Morris only getting 7-9 points a meeting will be replaced by Doyle getting 12-14

Smith getting 0-1 a meeting will be replaced by Shanes getting 3-5

Zach will score the same if not better

And if the Pole only gets 4-5 he will only be 3-4 less than Bellego and may be replaced.

Ellis will only get better

This Swindon side looks very strong and wont suffer in heats 13-15 like they did at times last season

Edited by Gavan

2 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

Swindon 3 points better off. 4 at best.

Swindon finished on 39.71 this year so we need about four points for a title winning team.

Assuming the other four will maintain their collective average:

Doyle should average 9.6, adding 3 points to Morris’ 6.6,

Shanes should average 4, adding 2 points to Jack Smith’s 2, and

Lampart needs to average 5.1, so he drops no more than a point off Bellego’s  6.1.

If that happens we’re looking good.

I think we'll be OK at home, even if one of Lampart, Wajtknecht or Shanes has an off night we have enough strength to cover them. I think we will struggle away from home as we've signed three riders Musielak, Wajtknecht and Shanes who all scored poorly away from home last year.

Obviously, addressing our woeful home form is a huge step forwards, but I'm not sure if it is playoff material.

Doyley and Batch two of the top away from home last year. Ellis rides well away. Bellegos away form let him down. Looks a very strong line-up for next season.

Roll on the spring.

1 hour ago, MattK said:

I think we'll be OK at home, even if one of Lampart, Wajtknecht or Shanes has an off night we have enough strength to cover them. I think we will struggle away from home as we've signed three riders Musielak, Wajtknecht and Shanes who all scored poorly away from home last year.

Obviously, addressing our woeful home form is a huge step forwards, but I'm not sure if it is playoff material.

Musielak you have made  it quite clear you don't like , for me this guy can improve he took a while to get the Abbey dialled in to but  he got there in the end and at times looked terrific.This year the track might change so will we have a home advantage.?? who knows going by your comments Musielak would not be in your 1/7 REALLY!!!! . Forget his average can he improve and if you replaced him who would you replace him with in a watered down league.?

Edited by Sidney the robin

4 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

I really don’t understand why everyone is discounting us....we’ve the best rider in the world at 1, a very good rider as a back up....& then two riders in Tobi & Adam who can merk there averages. 

Rosco has built some great sides over the years and his record speaks for itself, so for me personally Hyabb17 i am very happy with the side.

10 hours ago, MattK said:

Especially as they are going to have to get used to the new shaped track!