British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2019

8 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

Expected Shanes to be the 7th man and happy with that line-up. Good entertainment value, and whilst most teams still have plenty to announce, I think we'll be back at the right end of the table in 2019.

I would guess Swindon, Wolves and Pboro will be the top 3 atm.

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I'd actually agree with that! 

I might not agree with all the thing's Ford has done over the years but you have to give credit for the success he has had over a prolonged period.Nothing would give me greater pleasure if Poole can get there track sorted Lisa because i have enjoyed going to Poole over the years especially the 1980s.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Haha, I definitely do not. You are a very defensive person. Very negative. But whatever floats your boat I guess. 

He certainly doesn't seem supportive of our team. I don't like some of the things we have done over the years but I would rather we had team changes and won than no changes and lose.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

You really have got a bee in your bonnet about this! I think you're more bitter about it than James is, as I'm sure I read somewhere he was expecting it...?

There is/was no issue between James and Poole. He knew he was underperforming and had discussed things with MF.

Like most things in speedway it comes down to numbers!

Good Luck at Swindon James.

• Like 2

Just now, Skidder1 said:

There is/was no issue between James and Poole. He knew he was underperforming and had discussed things with MF.

Like most things in speedway it comes down to numbers!

Good Luck at Swindon James.

Underperforming is a bit harsh....performing ok considering lack of experience .....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Lampart, Wajtknecht & Shanes is a very long tail for Premiership Speedway. Weak tail didn't work for Swindon last year. Should make the play-offs due to Doyle's firepower but I wouldn't be shocked if they just missed out again due to the tail end. 

If it does not work then Rosco has to make changes early.  At least this year he has more points to play with. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Lampart, Wajtknecht & Shanes is a very long tail for Premiership Speedway. Weak tail didn't work for Swindon last year. Should make the play-offs due to Doyle's firepower but I wouldn't be shocked if they just missed out again due to the tail end. 

I disagree

Their tail last season was Bellego, Zach and Smith. I wouldnt expect Lampart to score what Bellego did but i would expect Shanes to be a huge improvement on Smith and Zach is only going to get better.

Factor in the fact Doyle will be better than Morris and you have a very strong side.

Last season roughly points per meeting........Bellego 7, Morris 9, Zach 5 and Smith 1

This season i would say Lampart 5, Doyle 13, Zach 6 and Shanes 3..........I would say the changes Swindon have made from last season will add another 5 points per meeting to their scores................Ellis also could kick on further.........a very very good looking side

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

The top  four we have i am very happy with alot of teams will have riders of the ability of Zach/ James so we should be fine. Dawid if he can score 4 or 5 points i will be happy a gamble but one worth taking heat 13/15 we are going to be hard to beat.

16 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Highly unlikely as you will soon find out when clubs release signing news. Reserve riders are going to be very competitive in 2019. 

Well those two reserves we have i am more than happy to take over Nielsen ( as an example) who is injury prone.Does this strength in depth really work? i would take the firepower of a few big hitters over the strength in depth theory.As a example Poole Holder and Kurtz both riders i like and rate but they will have to step up. If they dont score twenty plus points between them are Poole going to win many matches.??

Edited by Sidney the robin

24 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Well those two reserves we have i am more than happy to take over Nielsen ( as an example) who is injury prone.Does this strength in depth really work? i would take the firepower of a few big hitters over the strength in depth theory.As a example Poole Holder and Kurtz both riders i like and rate but they will have to step up. If they dont score twenty plus points between them are Poole going to win many matches.??

To win the league you normally need at least one decent reserve as they can have the most rides after all! 

• Like 1

Hmmmm strength of reserves? Poole fans are drooling over Covatti who put in some good cameos in the PL this year but who saw his bread and butter CL average drop from 7.49 to 6.56. He’s inconsistent and injury prone. 

It makes more sense to have a 9 point number one and reserves of 5 and 3 (Swindon), than a 7.5 point number one and two 5 point reserves (Poole).

• Like 1