British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2019

Forgot all about this until now, but was at stanton house hotel last Thursday evening...saw a posh white Merc in the car park with a number plate along the lines of “K BJR3” (or something like that). Probably just a coincidence and didn’t think much of it until I remembered blunsdon is just down the road.

Proper, old school rumour mill stuff, that.

50 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Doyle confirmed!!! I thought 1) we couldn’t afford him & 2) He would never ride for Swindon again......Goes to show how much poop is talked about on here.

Certainly a shock for me. I was sure he was Ipswich bound. 

Great start for Swindon. Having someone who can win heat 1s, 13 and 15s are a must for me. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, INCOGNITO said:

A guy in a supermarket in Swindon on night shift who saw a COOK and a DOYLE in the canteen with a reporter eating cream scones

That's how  wrong the stories are that get about. I have it on good authority that   Cook was eating a  toasted teacake not a scone.  ;)

Edited by semion
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

GREAT news really shocked it will be great to go out there to see Jason ride everyweek and double figures plus every meeting will do me.I think Nick/ Toby/ Zach are likely now.

Yeah, add Ellis &  Berge & that would give 5.06 for the final team place 

Edited by hyabb17

1 hour ago, hyabb17 said:

Possibly...the only risk with him is the amount of injuries he seems to sustain.

You are certainly right about Stefan,  if you are correct it will be interesting to see on the 5.06 average available who swaps all season with Berge for the  top5/ reserve place.I would be well happy with a Berge/ Zach reserve partnership all year but  it will be difficult to fill that 5.06 average with a rider who could cope in the top 5.What i like about the side you named is the familiarity the fans have with most of the riders i like that.