British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2019

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

The advantage is that he can take 7 rides

Only needs to take 7 rides if the top 5 are crap.

If you have a top 5 that are scoring well then there's no need to replace them. A reserve that can beat other reserves is all we need.

1 hour ago, hyabb17 said:

A strong reserve gains you so much more. Don’t get me wrong I think Rasser can do a job in the top 5 but let’s say we keep Starke, Bellego struggles...only Starke & Perks can take one of his rides. Have Rasser there & I think we have the extra power needed. I would prefer we use the extra point for a better reserve than Starke.

How many meetings this season have we had an advantage in heat 1 only to have that go against us in heat 2....

Bellego still has to take 3 rides though. Sure, Jensen would be a good reserve, but I think the side would be more balanced once he moved back into the top 5.

I'd rather have Jensen in the top 5 beating heatleaders and a reserve beating reserves. Better than having Jensen at reserve beating reserves and a rider in the top 5 struggling in 3 rides and needing replacing.

8 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

The two zero from Tobi’s rides were the reserves which is my point. Rasser at reserve would make us so strong & then when he moved back up someone else would be there like Bellego or said other rider. 

I guess it’s all about opinion. 

I do see both options hyabb, and  Rasser can't keep scoring points like he has done in the top five.I wondered would Douglas/Pickering ( fitness????) fit in at reserve.?

Edited by Sidney the robin

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I do see both options hyabb, and  Rasser can't keep scoring points like he has done in the top five.I wondered would Douglas/Pickering ( fitness????) fit in at reserve.?

Yes, both fit. And Douglas would put Rasmus at reserve.

Douglas would be a good signing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Yes, both fit. And Douglas would put Rasmus at reserve.

Douglas would be a good signing.

Therefore after a month  Douglas/ Bellego will always be at reserve with Ellis Perks .Without Tobi this looks pretty strong,  but you have to say it is not as strong as Doyley, Rasser, Batch, Adam, Tobi.( another ?? ) Ellis.

Tonight proves my point about needing strong reserves. Peterborough have Wells & Summers who combined have scored 17 points. Perks has done his job but the other guy hasn’t (17-7) If we bring in someone above Rasser then we can negate this. 

Edited by hyabb17

3 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Tonight proves my point about needing strong reserves. Peterborough have Wells & Summers who combined have scored 17 points. Perks has done his job but the other guy hasn’t (17-7) If we bring in someone above Rasser then we can negate this. 

Top 5 letting us down, batch goes from 15 Monday to next to useless tonight.

1 minute ago, hyabb17 said:

True however we had no-one at reserve who could take a ride from either Ellis or Batch. This is why I think it’s important to bring the right rider in. 

It is or we'll see more results like this, doubt Rosco was impressed with that capitulation.

44 minutes ago, noggin said:

Top 5 letting us down, batch goes from 15 Monday to next to useless tonight.

I admit I had Batch down double figure on a well prepared fast track.He has done well this season. Maybe it was very grippy?

12 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

But Hyabb without Batch and Adam scoring you are not going to win matches anyway.Our side is designed as a top five with / Perks as a decent reserve if they ride to there potential they win matches.Batch and Adam have been great this year so i put no blame on them it was just one of those nights they both move on and they will be back.Even if Rasser gets a hatfull at reserve if two members of your top five especially (Batch) don't perform we don't win.The bottom line is Peterborough were better than us tonight they took over in the second half of the meeting they were stronger also again Rasser showed tonight double figures against HEAT Leaders he is our third best rider easily.

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

But Hyabb without Batch and Adam scoring you are not going to win matches anyway.Our side is designed as a top five with / Perks as a decent reserve if they ride to there potential they win matches.Batch and Adam have been great this year so i put no blame on them it was just one of those nights they both move on and they will be back.Even if Rasser gets a hatfull at reserve if two members of your top five especially (Batch) don't perform we don't win.The bottom line is Peterborough were better than us tonight they took over in the second half of the meeting they were stronger also again Rasser showed tonight double figures against HEAT Leaders he is our third best rider easily.

Looks at Ipswich, their top 5 struggle & they’ve Heeps & Allen who bail them out. It’s my opinion on the issue so that’s how I see it. Whenever teams have won leagues it’s because they generally have a strong reserve. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

If Rosco hands Starke a team place then I'd lose the will to live....he's surprised me how poor he's looked ...gotta be someone like Douglas for me he's in the form where he could pop out and beat decent riders 

A massive disappointment as expected so much more from Paul.

Get Aarnio in ASAP.

23 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Get Aarnio in ASAP.

A big decision, though, because doesn't that mean no Musielak? He says he is only out for 2 or 3 more weeks.

38 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Get Aarnio in ASAP.

Not sure Aarnio is the saviour. Perks has done a great job since he has come in, another good score last night well above his average and very poor from Starke considering he used to ride for Peterborough. Maybe Rosco is waiting for us to dump Covatti!

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Not sure Aarnio is the saviour. Perks has done a great job since he has come in, another good score last night well above his average and very poor from Starke considering he used to ride for Peterborough. Maybe Rosco is waiting for us to dump Covatti!

I would think he is waiting on the signing of a reserve until a decision is made on whether or not Musielak comes back in.