British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2019

40 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Because he thought he was on a false average I expect and plenty of room for improvement. Who has signed Rasmus Jensen?

Considering the expense involved it is a strange one as thought even he would have looked at the Poole - Spaniak situation last season. Also with so much cost cutting someone like a Rasmus Jensen or even a NBJ would seem to make more sense one would assume a lot less expense.

Maybe Ipswich will go after Jensen as plenty of positives were being posted on our Poole page at what we thought was going to be our other reserve. How wrong those who had certain inside info were, unless he was over what Ford could/would pay with his now restricted budget.

8 hours ago, DC2 said:

If Rosco saw a BSPA riders' average list that included the ridiculously low ones being applied to L Bjerre, Barker, Busk Jacobsen and Rasmus Jensen, what made him think Lampart was a good signing on 4.56?

Are those other riders named 1-5 riders? i think not i think Lampart has a period to come up to speed otherwise he goes.

10 hours ago, DC2 said:

If Rosco saw a BSPA riders' average list that included the ridiculously low ones being applied to L Bjerre, Barker, Busk Jacobsen and Rasmus Jensen, what made him think Lampart was a good signing on 4.56?

Exactly what I thought & I can only think they must’ve turned him down.

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Could be!!?  one of those at Blunsdon with petals that droop and finally fall off around August/September.:D

Or the ones on the south coast that fall off in April and are replaced by plastic ones in May and again in July? :)

• Haha 2

On 12/18/2018 at 10:55 AM, DC2 said:

Lampart is a really big risk imo. He was poor here the last time and I’ve not seen enough development internationally to make me think he will be any better this time.

Swindon have the best top 3. Period. It’s absolute quality and it will drag them through the majority of meetings but I think they will just miss the mark when it really matters with that tail. It’s just too long.

They will easily make the play offs though.

3 hours ago, acef said:

Lampart is a really big risk imo. He was poor here the last time and I’ve not seen enough development internationally to make me think he will be any better this time.

Swindon have the best top 3. Period. It’s absolute quality and it will drag them through the majority of meetings but I think they will just miss the mark when it really matters with that tail. It’s just too long.

Poor? Averaged 4-5 and unquestionably a better rider than he was back then....He's not signed as a big hitter but someone who can average at least 5.....if he doesn't cut the mustard then shouldn't be too hard to to replace  but I'm confident he will do ok 

Edited by hagonshocker
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

Poor? Averaged 4-5 and unquestionably a better rider than he was back then....He's not signed as a big hitter but someone who can average at least 5.....if he doesn't cut the mustard then shouldn't be too hard to to replace  but I'm confident he will do ok 

Exactly that, he'll do the job he has been brought in to do. 6-7 at home and 5 away would be what I'd expect. On a 4.58 average. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

Exactly that, he'll do the job he has been brought in to do. 6-7 at home and 5 away would be what I'd expect. On a 4.58 average. 

5 away from a number two, riding in three races with his own number 1 and against opposition heatleaders? Away, the only expectation should be two points in heat 8; any more is a bonus.

But hagonshocker is right, with the 1.5 conversion rate there are plenty of good CL riders who could replace him (including Summers 4.58 and Rasmus Jensen).

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

5 away from a number two, riding in three races with his own number 1 and against opposition heatleaders? Away, the only expectation should be two points in heat 8; any more is a bonus.

But hagonshocker is right, with the 1.5 conversion rate there are plenty of good CL riders who could replace him (including Summers 4.58 and Rasmus Jensen).

I know it doesn't always convert to UK form, but have you actually taken a look at his progress since he last rode for Swindon?

19 hours ago, acef said:

Lampart actually did not do to badly over here in 2012. he averaged overall around 5.83.He contributed quite alot that year and arguably it was a tougher league then.But make no mistake it is a tough ask for him but if  he can average 5 i will be happy if not we can replace him.

10 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

I guess we'll see then, but I'm thinking my 5 points away over the course of the season will be closer than the 2 points you predict

No, I said 2 points in heat 8 was the only reasonable expectation, but you'd also hope a favourable gate or good start in two of his other rides might gain points. Any number two scoring 4 away has done well, unless of course he's against a weaker opposition number two, in which case 4 points is a reasonable expectation and 6 is doing well.

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

No, I said 2 points in heat 8 was the only reasonable expectation, but you'd also hope a favourable gate or good start in two of his other rides might gain points. Any number two scoring 4 away has done well, unless of course he's against a weaker opposition number two, in which case 4 points is a reasonable expectation and 6 is doing well.

Rosco has said that Ellis may ride at 2 & then pair the Poles together.