British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2019

1 hour ago, charlie17 said:

So they could knock the stands down but build the new track?

Nobody seems to know the timescale or timetable?

Sounds like a total fudge to me.

Time to be worried if you ask me.

If the first line of your post made sense you might get an answer 

Edited by A ORLOV

On 10/13/2018 at 7:10 PM, Aces51 said:

I just hope that Swindon are running next year. I have many happy memories of trips to Blunsdon dating back to the Briggo days and hopefully will be there again next year.

My first meeting was 1968, Swindon 56 Belle Vue 22, Briggs Kilby maxes

26 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Has Swindon Definately run the last meeting at the Present Stadium,if nothing happens in the winter months can they go back and use it as they did after the last "farewell" meeting .I see to recall it was said the the Stadium would used till the new build transpired !

If they have an agreement with Stadia to continue at the stadium then yes.

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ronnie Russel said when interviewed on BT that he was marking the new track out, which would have been done over a month ago. Has this happened?

Did not see any marks at the last meeting but then have no idea how he marked it. 

Revised stadium layout, dated 18 Oct 2018.

Big question here is there does not seem to be any areas for the greyhounds, either kennels or area where they are checked before they run, unless that is what the "compound" is for, in which case where is all the speedway machinery kept, ie tractors, graders etc.  So is this yet another load of bs.

https://pa1.swindon.gov.uk/publicaccess/files/1AABB0678BAA6552E3AC71A341BBD5CB/pdf/S_RES_18_0027-PROPOSED_SITE_LAYOUT-697013.pdf

Edited by A ORLOV

21 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Revised stadium layout, dated 18 Oct 2018.

Big question here is there does not seem to be any areas for the greyhounds, either kennels or area where they are checked before they run, unless that is what the "compound" is for, in which case where is all the speedway machinery kept, ie tractors, graders etc.  So is this yet another load of bs.

https://pa1.swindon.gov.uk/publicaccess/files/1AABB0678BAA6552E3AC71A341BBD5CB/pdf/S_RES_18_0027-PROPOSED_SITE_LAYOUT-697013.pdf

Document Unavailable

This document is unavailable for viewing at this time.

5 minutes ago, FigRoll said:

Document Unavailable

This document is unavailable for viewing at this time.

I have just called it up ok, but cannot copy the plan across.

Try looking at Swindon Stadium planning application.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

The Compound is accessed from the Paddock so that pretty much says it's the dogs' area.

5 minutes ago, Alan_Jones said:

The Compound is accessed from the Paddock so that pretty much says it's the dogs' area.

So where is the area for all the speedway equipment then, or the kennels etc.  These plans look to be like many of the others there have been with lack of detail.

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

So where is the area for all the speedway equipment then, or the kennels etc.  These plans look to be like many of the others there have been with lack of detail.

As you say nowhere for the tractor(s), track grading equipment, water bowser etc., or shale store and only 16 pit spaces. Presumably, not expecting any FIM events or junior second half racing.

10 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

As you say nowhere for the tractor(s), track grading equipment, water bowser etc., or shale store and only 16 pit spaces. Presumably, not expecting any FIM events or junior second half racing.

Definitely no FIM events, the reduced spectator limit will put paid to that.