British Speedway Forum

Championship League Riders Championship

7 hours ago, Tigerblade said:

Owlerton has dog racing on Saturday nights, it's always been scheduled for Sunday 2nd. 

I think Normski is referring to the Longtrack meeting being on the 1st September. It is taking place in France so I don't know why Bomber can't get back in time.

Yes should have worded it better, I meant the Long Track meeting takes place on Saturday September 1st.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Normski said:

Yes should have worded it better, I meant the Long Track meeting takes place on Saturday September 1st.

Being an FIM Final the rider have probably been told to keep the following day clear should there be a rain off on the Sat.
I wonder what the Poles would do? When you consider the GB v Oz match was FIm approved yet the Poles pulled Tungate out for a practice session you can but wonder who actually runs speedway? 

2 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Being an FIM Final the rider have probably been told to keep the following day clear should there be a rain off on the Sat.
I wonder what the Poles would do? When you consider the GB v Oz match was FIm approved yet the Poles pulled Tungate out for a practice session you can but wonder who actually runs speedway? 

I thought that was obvious.  The Poles run speedway.  When they say "jump," everyone has to ask "how high?"

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Then it's time the BSPA stood up for British speedway and tell the Poles to take a run and jump.

It's about time the BSPA told riders to make up their mind where their priorities lye,then sort out our leagues with what's left.Its the only way forward as even our young talent will be enticed abroad much quicker in their career.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It's about time the BSPA told riders to make up their mind where their priorities lye,then sort out our leagues with what's left.Its the only way forward as even our young talent will be enticed abroad much quicker in their career.

I've long been of the opinion that the GP series is part responsible for the decline of British Speedway with riders missing meetings to attend practice etc and it certainly had a major effect on Eastbourne's decision to drop down.
I am still of the opinion we should go to two leagues (the lower being the same standard as the current NL) with NO GP riders. If a rider wants to concentrate on personal glory then let him do the GP/European series etc. British speedway which is team based relies on the fans' money so time fans were shown a bit of loyalty.
Equally perhaps the GP series should be increased to 20 rounds or so like F1 so the elite riders can still make their living.

• Like 1

See Adam Ellis riding in same Long track meeting as Bomber on Saturday. Will he be missing Sheffield as well ?

Edited by Normski

So we have riders dropping out already

presumably the long track date was already known before some one at the BSPA decided on the date for this meeting?

so why organise it for this Sunday, knowing riders who have genuinely qualified will be missing

Do we have an updated line up, or is that another BSPA secret?

Edited by The Third Man

5 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

This at Sheffield?  Who won last year?

Nick Morris {Berwick}

1 hour ago, The Third Man said:

So we have riders dropping out already

presumably the long track date was already known before some one at the BSPA decided on the date for this meeting?

so why organise it for this Sunday, knowing riders who have genuinely qualified will be missing

Do we have an updated line up, or is that another BSPA secret?

Half them don't to be there whenever it was going to be held ,so makes no difference IMO 

Maybe when riders sign a contract to ride for a club it should stipulate what dates they must be available to ride. 

Say for instance it's one big league next year and it has 16 teams. BSPA decide now that the final will be held at Buxton on September 8th 2019. If you cannot be available on that date then you don't get a licence if you're a rider who needs a visa you don't get a visa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Maybe when riders sign a contract to ride for a club it should stipulate what dates they must be available to ride. 

Say for instance it's one big league next year and it has 16 teams. BSPA decide now that the final will be held at Buxton on September 8th 2019. If you cannot be available on that date then you don't get a licence if you're a rider who needs a visa you don't get a visa.

Doubt if it would be at Buxton.