British Speedway Forum

German GP Teterow Saturday September 22nd

18 minutes ago, stewmac said:

I can't for the life of me understand why this place still gets a GP. It's awful, even when it's dry. This is pathetic.

I did say the same before a wheel had been turned at the first GP.Terroble track and that was known at the time.The U21 final a year or 2 before was almost called off by Stekkers because of a protest,I think from the Aussie team and another german meeting the senior riders refused to ride.Still others know better,so they think

Just now, Star Lady said:

Interesting to hear Scott Nichols say riders spend about £100K on engines, without anything else.

Begs the question as to why staging tracks are not compelled to provide track covers costing less than 10% of that.

Or why doesn’t the sport grow some balls and make riders buy engines that actually work in the wet or dirt or indeed anything other than concrete 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Interesting to hear Scott Nichols say riders spend about £100K on engines, without anything else.

Begs the question as to why staging tracks are not compelled to provide track covers costing less than 10% of that.

Trouble is some people think they know it all.Someone asked after yesterday’s training was called off of lessons had been learnt and covers should be used.The answer from a person at the club wa ‘what lessons should be learnt?The weather will be perfect’

7 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Or why doesn’t the sport grow some balls and make riders buy engines that actually work in the wet or dirt or indeed anything other than concrete 

The reason why engines wont work on anything other than concrete is because 90% of tracks are as slick as a board!

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

As for heat 4, IIRC heats cannot be awarded in the SGP.

39 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

I don't think the FIM rules allow for a race to be awarded 

36 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

I thought it changed a couple of years back to allow it. Maybe first needs to have finished when the red lights go on?

It just seemed commonsense, especially in these conditions. But if the rules dont allow it it's obviously a no go. 

Waiheke 1 is absolutely correct, it's certainly been in place for the last two seasons (2017/2018)and the referee can award a race in a GP.

Heat 2 in Melbourne last year was awarded,  Heat 20 in Cardiff this year was awarded, ironically after Craig Cook had a fall

Edited by womble53