British Speedway Forum

German GP Teterow Saturday September 22nd

Why oh why Woffinden-haters quite often around in this forum. Mind you, I‘m not impressed about his tattoos, but he‘s a great rider and character for our sport: Englands no 1. Compared to the riding style ie of Mr Lindgren he does respect his rivals and let‘s them some room. Remember Lindgren v Woffinden in Prag semifinal ....

The best rider should win, I keep my fingers crossed for TW, but it will be a tough battle.

3 hours ago, Navigator1900 said:

Why oh why Woffinden-haters quite often around in this forum. Mind you, I‘m not impressed about his tattoos, but he‘s a great rider and character for our sport: Englands no 1. Compared to the riding style ie of Mr Lindgren he does respect his rivals and let‘s them some room. Remember Lindgren v Woffinden in Prag semifinal ....

The best rider should win, I keep my fingers crossed for TW, but it will be a tough battle.

I like Woffinden, want him to win the Championship but Lindgren did nothing wrong in that semi final.    Seen 50 worse incidents of a rider squeezing another in this GP series.

• Like 1

IMO Woffinden is an excellent but also fair rider like Sayfutdinov for example. Others like Lindgren or Pedersen ride more agressively and sometimes too agressively with risk of crash and injury. Last year Belle Vue: Lindgren Bjerre incident already forgotten ...

Don‘t get me wrong, I think agressive riding like Zmarzlik does is ok and very exciting to watch, or take Lindbäck on his day, great rider too, but no bad boys IMO. And sorry Mark, Lindgrens action in Prag was too hard ....not only my opinion.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Navigator1900 said:

IMO Woffinden is an excellent but also fair rider like Sayfutdinov for example. Others like Lindgren or Pedersen ride more agressively and sometimes too agressively with risk of crash and injury. Last year Belle Vue: Lindgren Bjerre incident already forgotten ...

Don‘t get me wrong, I think agressive riding like Zmarzlik does is ok and very exciting to watch, or take Lindbäck on his day, great rider too, but no bad boys IMO. And sorry Mark, Lindgrens action in Prag was too hard ....not only my opinion.

About as spot on a post as Ive ever read on here

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Navigator1900 said:

Agressive riding by Zmarzlik is OK but not from Lindgren or Pedersen.    Really !     Watch Prague again, it was handbags over nothing.    I'm a Woffinden fan but there were far worse moves pulled that night and on other nights.    Woffinden used to ride very agressively, he smashed into Pedersen and Gollob in his early days causing injury, but now rides sensibly to keep out of trouble and hospital.    Don't blame him, he earms zero when out of action.

Should Zmarzik be anywhere close to winning the world title in Torun he will ride like a maniac, ruthless and fence anyone in his way including Woffinden.  

Edited by Mark

3 hours ago, waiheke1 said:

Zmarzlik is just as dirty/ruthless as freddie or Nicki. Its a trait that will likely help secure him a world title at some point - most world champs have pushed the boundaries at some point.

Here's hoping for a good display from Tai to preserve a decent lead going to Torun. 

Zmarzlik dirty, nah, no more than ANY others over the years, the list would be endless!

• Like 2

I've seen no evidence of Zmarzlik being a dirty rider, hard and aggressive certainly. But you have to be to get anywhere these days..unless you have Hancock's gating skills.

I think Woffinden tends to get a bit precious over a bit of hard riding, although Nicki's move on him in Malilla wasn't even hard, never mind dirty.

I don't know how Woffy (and Janowski) would've coped against Olsen and Nielsen!

Being British I guess I want Tai to win, but I wouldn't mind if it was Zmarzlik, simply because I love watching him race.

• Like 3

As I posted. a couple of days back the weather isn’t good.GP practice has been cancelled!

Looks like it will be wet tomorrow afternoon,but clearing up around 4 or 5,so the meeting shouldn’t be in danger,but the grass bank might be a bit slippery for spectators

Edited by iris123

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

As I posted. a couple of days back the weather isn’t good.GP practice has been cancelled!

Looks like it will be wet tomorrow afternoon,but clearing up around 4 or 5,so the meeting shouldn’t be in danger,but the grass bank might be a bit slippery for spectators

Guy ropes & pegs will be essential for keeping the folding chairs in place then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

currently in Dubai, meaning I can't watch it on my BT sport app or even the speedwaygp app/website. I would appreciate if someone could post a link up of a foreign channel so I can watch it. 

Thanks in advance