British Speedway Forum

German GP Teterow Saturday September 22nd

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

Nothing has been made up. I've shown you the post. I can show you plenty more of your xenophobic rants if you wish.

You've claimed there are AT LEAST 12 British riders better than Woffinden. I don't think there is another sane person on the planet who would agree with you. So come on, give us the 12 riders..  or do you now retract that statement?

can't you read .just crack on and make a list up yourself ,, no including stock car drivers or moto gp riders though ,

28 minutes ago, adonis said:

I do not , over the years  I have come to accept  that most people on here  like to think theirs is the only opinion that matters , once posted if someone offers a different opinion , they must be strange ,bitter ,twisted , xenophobic ,or other

An opinion is utterly worthless without reasoning behind it.

There is a children's section, you would be better of posting in there if you are unable to engage in adult debate.

Edited to add: On second thoughts, that's an insult to children,

Edited by BWitcher

1 minute ago, adonis said:

can't you read .just crack on and make a list up yourself ,, no including stock car drivers or moto gp riders though ,

Don't need too. Tai is the best ever.

An outstanding role model for the youth of today, who even in the face of adversity and losing a parent at a relatively young age and having failed spectacularly at the first attempt knuckled down, set goals, battled through injury and became World Champion. Hopefully soon to be Britain's first ever three time World Champion.

Not only that but raised hundreds of thousands for charity, always has time for fans for photos/autographs and has matured immensely.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Don't need too. Tai is the best ever.

An outstanding role model for the youth of today, who even in the face of adversity and losing a parent at a relatively young age and having failed spectacularly at the first attempt knuckled down, set goals, battled through injury and became World Champion. Hopefully soon to be Britain's first ever three time World Champion.

Not only that but raised hundreds of thousands for charity, always has time for fans for photos/autographs and has matured immensely.

Aww ain't that lovely , you should try and get a job on his PR team , when you raise money for charity  and have your photo's taken with the public  . that makes you a wonderful person and the best ever speedway rider . pop him up there in second  place on the list , just behind Jimmy Saville   just edited to say  Dont forget to save this for future ref  will you , just think of all the stuff you will be able to claim I said .

Edited by adonis
aaaaa

4 minutes ago, adonis said:

Aww ain't that lovely , you should try and get a job on his PR team , when you raise money for charity  and have your photo's taken with the public  . that makes you a wonderful person and the best ever speedway rider . pop him up there in second  place on the list , just behind Jimmy Saville

So other than you likening him to Jimmy Saville, a comment that could quite easily see you in legal trouble (not the first time you have made it either) why do you not think Woffinden is one of GB's best ever riders?

The floor is yours, let's hear your reasoning. 

46 minutes ago, adonis said:

your'e not saying he's in the best 12 .you are saying he is the best !!  Don't you have a massive adult argument with starman to be getting on with ?   .

Ah now we have an opinion , taken your time to understand what one of those is, hence im sure you cant be an adult

Ok just for you because its clear you dont have the intellect:

My OPINION is that Tai has been the best British rider.

As i said you can disagree with that , you can possibly make a case for 2 or 3 other riders to be declared better ( not that that will be easy)

It is not even up for debate that there have been 12 better..........the fact you say there has been is trolling simple as that.

You have been asked to name them, something that you have failed to do because quite simply you have tried to troll and been caught out and now cant backtrack.

If you had said maybe Craven or Collins or even Lee at his peak were better than Tai then we could be having a sensible debate.

I gave my list of my top ten....in my OPINION

So lets hear yours

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

So other than you likening him to Jimmy Saville, a comment that could quite easily see you in legal trouble (not the first time you have made it either) why do you not think Woffinden is one of GB's best ever riders?

The floor is yours, let's hear your reasoning. 

I meant in the future I.E. at least 24 hours away ,   not the very next post 

1 hour ago, adonis said:

Aww ain't that lovely , you should try and get a job on his PR team , when you raise money for charity  and have your photo's taken with the public  . that makes you a wonderful person and the best ever speedway rider . pop him up there in second  place on the list , just behind Jimmy Saville   just edited to say  Dont forget to save this for future ref  will you , just think of all the stuff you will be able to claim I said .

Jimmy Saville !    Are you some kind of brainless idiot ?    Grow up lad.  He was a despicable human being, no need to mention him in relation to anyone else as a benchmark.

Edited by Mark

I'm not old enough to remember Lee or (Peter) Collins at their best.  More of a case could be made for Loram winning a one off world final than you could Havelock winning a world title in the GP era.  Neither are the same level as Woffinden, and I'm not a Woffinden fan.

Tai’s Charity work goes further than you think. It’s what you don’t see that counts more than what you hear or read about. A lot of famous people do lots of untold work for G.O.S.H.including regular visits to wards, donating items for raffles and competitions etc and don’t wish to publicise this. And I do know this for a fact because my daughter works at the hospital. 

In everything there’s always bad things/people attached to fund raising. Ego trips or just to get some headlines. 

Best ever arguments/opinion run on forever  that’s the beauty of them.  

48 minutes ago, Col said:

I'm not old enough to remember Lee or (Peter) Collins at their best.  More of a case could be made for Loram winning a one off world final than you could Havelock winning a world title in the GP era.  Neither are the same level as Woffinden, and I'm not a Woffinden fan.

Im Marks biggest fan (uncle used to sponsor him as a 15-18 year old) but i dont think he would ever have won a one off final. The vast majority were won with 14 points or more and yes the last two were both with 12 but that included Ermolenko winning his first four races before just rolling at the back in the last one not needing any points, and then Rickardsson in 1994 due to the unbeaten Nielsen being excluded (rightly) in his 4th ride or he may well have won with 14 minimum. I couldnt see Mark around 2000 stringing 5 decent rides together

Im certainly no fan of Havvy but in 1992 he was certainly the most dominant rider of that year. 

He won the British Final

Lost out in a 3 man run off for the Commenwealth Final

Won the Overseas

2nd in a run off in the World Semi final

3rd in the BLRC

The only rider that season who could match Havvy was Per Jonsson, so in 1992 Havvy could have won a gp series i believe.

But i agree with you that neither Havvy or Loram are as good as Tai , even though i preferred the excitement that Loram provided

• Like 2

If Tai win's 3 titles he will certainly be a contender for best British rider, but I think Peter Craven would still have a pretty good case.

I never saw Craven ride, but he didn't just win 2 World titles, but he won them in the era of Fundin and Briggs - and may well have gone on to win more for all we know, had he not lost his life.

I'd say it's between those two though, with Collins and Lee close behind. Lee at his best, however, is probably the best rider I ever saw. But he lacked the consistency and longevity.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

he will be the best Brit ever in 2 weeks time, he has earned that title and as much as I don’t like him I respect what he has achieved in the sport and he fully deserves to be remembered as the greatest Brit the sport has ever had 

This is a cracking post Dean, it shows that even when a rider isn't your 'cup of tea' as Tai certainly isn't with yourself, you can still put that to one side and acknowledge his achievements. Fair play to you sir.

40 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Im Marks biggest fan (uncle used to sponsor him as a 15-18 year old) but i dont think he would ever have won a one off final. The vast majority were won with 14 points or more and yes the last two were both with 12 but that included Ermolenko winning his first four races before just rolling at the back in the last one not needing any points, and then Rickardsson in 1994 due to the unbeaten Nielsen being excluded (rightly) in his 4th ride or he may well have won with 14 minimum. I couldnt see Mark around 2000 stringing 5 decent rides together

Im certainly no fan of Havvy but in 1992 he was certainly the most dominant rider of that year. 

He won the British Final

Lost out in a 3 man run off for the Commenwealth Final

Won the Overseas

2nd in a run off in the World Semi final

3rd in the BLRC

The only rider that season who could match Havvy was Per Jonsson, so in 1992 Havvy could have won a gp series i believe.

But i agree with you that neither Havvy or Loram are as good as Tai , even though i preferred the excitement that Loram provided

Slightly biased but as a Bradford supported but in my opinion Havelock would have won a GP series in 1992 as he was on absolute fire and Nielsen wasnt riding at his best that year. The back injury scuppered Havelock as he was never quite the same rider when he came back. Loram again was brilliant and I don't think there was anyone around at the time who could win so many races from 4th place (possibly Screen)

Speaking to my Dad (who's watched speedway since 1965) and he rates Peter Collins as the best GB rider of the 'past' but TW must be right up there. Fantastic all round rider and seems to have the absolute right temperament