British Speedway Forum

Lakeside Future In Serious Doubt

If Lakeside don't manage to fulfill their home fixtures, what's new?

Jon Cook promised  a minimum of 14 Meetings last year - and only delivered 13 (even after pulling out of the K.O. Cup for no reason).

And they truly wonder why attendances are down? :icon_smile_clown:

why dont fans step back and let leakside get on with their own thing. 

the club is having a great season , so let the season run its course and see how it goes from there . 

i am sure all will be sorted out by the people that matter . 

good luck to em for this season and hope its good result @ the end of the end . 

unless ssomee super fan has shed loads of spare cash to build a new stadium , sit back and let the pros sort it out .

no need for the knife twisting thing IMO

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GWC said:

As Godfrey alluded to in the SS Friday was never agreed for Lakeside to ride on.

With Rye moving away from Saturdays I don’t understand why Lakeside insist on riding Fridays unless to accommodate riders.

The fixtures were adopted by the BSPA at the start of the season end of

On 8/19/2018 at 1:31 AM, jenga said:

why dont fans step back and let leakside get on with their own thing. 

the club is having a great season , so let the season run its course and see how it goes from there . 

i am sure all will be sorted out by the people that matter . 

good luck to em for this season and hope its good result @ the end of the end . 

unless ssomee super fan has shed loads of spare cash to build a new stadium , sit back and let the pros sort it out .

no need for the knife twisting thing IMO

Well said but unfortunately that’s all some people want to do. 

• Like 1

Lakeside can’t run most Saturdays because of four wheeled motorsport using the venue, that’s proably why it would make sense for the Hammers to run the odd meeting at Rye on a Saturday night where no other promoters can complain about it.

if they fail to complete fixtures this season, that I think will be the end of it, there is no gong back if you can’t make an effort when your clearly one of the fancied top three or four teams.

• Like 1

On 20 August 2018 at 6:05 PM, marko said:

Lakeside can’t run most Saturdays because of four wheeled motorsport using the venue, that’s proably why it would make sense for the Hammers to run the odd meeting at Rye on a Saturday night where no other promoters can complain about it.

if they fail to complete fixtures this season, that I think will be the end of it, there is no gong back if you can’t make an effort when your clearly one of the fancied top three or four teams.

Does Rye House still have a license ? I don't think it does. 

7 hours ago, barraider said:

Dont know?

There running a flat track meeting there again tomorrow

It will be interesting to a) see how they build in a crossover track shape ( or will it be speedway with gears?) and b) how many are attracted to flat track racing there. A genuine question so if someone goes perhaps they could review the meeting.