British Speedway Forum

01/08/2018 : Somerset v Swindon : Premiership

Just now, DC2 said:

How did he do in 2017? Sacked? :)

More down to bike issues and being forced to ride at no.1 due to his 2nd Division converted average. He knows his way round the OTA though that's for sure. I'd feel more confident with him in my team than Schlein tonight, put it that way....

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Najjer said:

Our last home match was over 5 weeks ago! How ridiculous is that!?

Thinning fixture lists...

Thinning crowds...

I wonder if there's a connection?

Speaking of things thinning, I went for a haircut yesterday. It's the second one I've needed since the last home league meeting (June 25th).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

What has the traffic been like on a Wednesday? Thinking about coming but can't leave Swindon until 5 30. I know that on a Friday that would be far too late!

We are going tonight leaving Swindonia 5.15, took hour 15 last year, and that was Friday.

Will go Rebs 48 Robs 42, Zummerrzet have stronger reserves, but we need a point.

Edited by auntie doris

2 hours ago, Harry The Goat said:

Thinning crowds...

Speaking of things thinning, I went for a haircut yesterday. It's the second one I've needed since the last home league meeting (June 25th).

Maybe, but its different for goats

2 hours ago, Harry The Goat said:

Thinning crowds...

Wow.  Two hairs to cut.  That's two better than me. :rofl:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

8-10 pts from Tungate this evening 

8 - 10 points that may ultimately help knock his own team, his own fans, and incredibly HIMSELF out of a chance of being a League Champion...

To be fair though....

Max Fricke did his level best to do the same on Monday....:D

No Promoters (or fans) should ever moan about why stadiums are empty, and the mainstream media persist in completely igoring the Sport, whilst such nonsense is allowed to take place...

What you got away with years ago simply doesn't wash anymore in the glare of the 24/7 public scrutiny of Social Media...

"Arrr, but this is Speedway". Is the stock answer from those who bury their head in the sand and collude with the promoters by attending and pretending that it is a 'real' Competition...

(Those few who still attend that is)...

Those many more thousands who have given up ever hoping it may one day gain credibilty to make it a bona fide 'proper' Competition, have a somewhat different view I would suggest....

And have 'spoken' loud and clear through their continuing absence....

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, mikebv said:

8 - 10 points that may ultimately help knock his own team, his own fans, and incredibly HIMSELF out of a chance of being a League Champion...

To be fair though....

Max Fricke did his level best to do the same on Monday....:D

No Promoters (or fans) should ever moan about why stadiums are empty, and the mainstream media persist in completely igoring the Sport, whilst such nonsense is allowed to take place...

What you got away with years ago simply doesn't wash anymore in the glare of the 24/7 public scrutiny of Social Media...

"Arrr, but this is Speedway". Is the stock answer from those who bury their head in the sand and collude with the promoters by attending and pretending that it is a 'real' Competition...

(Those few who still attend that is)...

Those many more thousands who have given up ever hoping it may one day gain credibilty to make it a bona fide 'proper' Competition, have a somewhat different view I would suggest....

And have 'spoken' loud and clear through their continuing absence....

Well said & 100% right.

• Like 1

Lawson needs to step up to the plate for sure tonight, he cost us big time Monday. He’s got the armband too. If the other Rebels are on usual form we should be ok. I can see Summers only getting three rides tonight, BWD and Jake are a different class at the OTA. It will be close especially if Bellego has a good one. 47-43 for me.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Dodgy looking performances from Batchelor and Musiluak. New rider to be announced surely. Both?  Hmmmmm!-_-

I don’t think so, we’ve just dropped off massively. The deadline is the 12th August & I’m unsure if new averages will be out by then.