British Speedway Forum

Poole v Kings Lynn. Prem B. 1st August 2018

Poole have done nothing wrong in assembling their team.  Riders have started the season and been discarded because of poor form.  Riders have been discarded when they were riding to and above their averages and riders who have been poor all season have finally found some form - only after Poole managed to strengthen their team - all within the rules.

Poole now have the team they thought they had at the start of the season and anything less than winning the playoffs will be more disappointing than Swindon whooping them at home this season.

They will totally deserve what’s coming to them!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DC2 said:

You’re missing the whole point, which is that Swindon have their original 42.5 point team while Poole have a 44.74 one, based on the season’s starting averages.

#Poole46.5ish

I'm glad you don't pay my wages!! 46.5 is the same as 44.74 and I wouldn't get a pay rise ever!!

Edited by foreverblue

12 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Poole have done nothing wrong in assembling their team.  Riders have started the season and been discarded because of poor form.  Riders have been discarded when they were riding to and above their averages and riders who have been poor all season have finally found some form - only after Poole managed to strengthen their team - all within the rules.

Poole now have the team they thought they had at the start of the season and anything less than winning the playoffs will be more disappointing than Swindon whooping them at home this season.

They will totally deserve what’s coming to them!

They are the only team with the resources to keep changing riders when it's not working too. Like Man City I have no problem with that, you get rich and poor clubs in every sport but they really should be winning in every year. Massive shock (or choke) if they don't win it this year with the seven currently declared.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

They are the only team with the resources to keep changing riders when it's not working too. Like Man City I have no problem with that, you get rich and poor clubs in every sport but they really should be winning in every year. Massive shock (or choke) if they don't win it this year with the seven currently declared.

If you think Poole have a bottomless pit of money you are way off the mark. Do you think Harris with no air fares to pay is more expensive than Sundstrom?

30 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

If you think Poole have a bottomless pit of money you are way off the mark. Do you think Harris with no air fares to pay is more expensive than Sundstrom?

Who said anything about a bottomless pit? Come on fb, you are one of the decent Poole fans on here, don't start making stuff up and not reading posts properly like some of the others.

total loss systems straight onto the track were banned, that's why we had to get oil catchers.

track curators all knew the oil helped bind the surface but health and safety and environment rules stopped oil from being used. 

27 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Who said anything about a bottomless pit? Come on fb, you are one of the decent Poole fans on here, don't start making stuff up and not reading posts properly like some of the others.

Yes but the changes made are not expensive ones. We got Worrall for Kildemand, Harris for Sundstrom, the only one that may have been more expensive is Jacobsen. 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Sorry Bagpuss but FB has a point you are making out Poole are like Man City who are one of the richest clubs in the PL.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

FB is right.

9 minutes ago, Trees said:

Poole have been a VERY well supported club both on a sponsorship and fan level even if things aren't so good now. 

We still have a lot of good loyal sponsors. And although our crowds have been a bit down in comparison we still have a very big fan base, even without the holiday trade.
Thing is like all clubs, cost is not doing speedway any favours, and not like years ago people have to pick and choose there meetings. But proof is in the pudding, you bring in a decent rider like Chris who will give his all and is a racer crowds will come. But  Poland is killing things over here, and riders have to be realistic.

6 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Yes but the changes made are not expensive ones. We got Worrall for Kildemand, Harris for Sundstrom, the only one that may have been more expensive is Jacobsen. 

But in the long run he will be worth it. Matt really rates him.

Edited by Starman2006

20 minutes ago, OldRacer said:

As long as they are winning, the crowds come.

As i said on here, but as expected  i got a barage of abuse, our bad crowds are better than the majorities good crowds, so something clearlyy amiss elsewhere dont you think ? Then you are bound to disagree with me. Its the nature of the poole beast..
Last week the racing was pretty good the atmosphere was superb the cameradery in the pits was very good, when things are right we have the best club in the country by a million miles. Even we cant be brilliant, all the time..

Edited by Starman2006

12 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

As i said on here, but as expected  i got a barage of abuse, our bad crowds are better than the majorities good crowds, so something clearlyy amiss elsewhere dont you think ? Then you are bound to disagree with me. 

Do you have any numbers to support your statement? I have no idea whether it is true so can't disagree.

And yes, something is clearly amiss in British Speedway!

• Like 1