British Speedway Forum

Cardiff 2019 Saturday September 21st

3 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

MY own view (nothing more) is that the later date is down to stadium availability with the rugby World Cup taking place in 2019 and possibly the Welsh team requiring the stadium more often.

So why not just give that as a reason instead of spinning some BS fairy tale.

I don't think anyone would have had an issue it being moved due to stadium availability. Noone sane would expect speedway to take priority over rugby in Wales. 

• 5 months later...

For those looking for rooms in Cardiff for the Speedway GP, Premier Inn have just announced the launch of low cost rooms and Cardiff if the first place to offer them. Called ZIP rooms and from £19 per night for 2 persons. The Cardiff Zip hotel is on the east of the city centre, probably 30 min walk from the stadium.

https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/zip.html?rid=2783715&mid=123685200&CID=EMC_MKT_BAU_getmore_NULL_NULL_20190307_DM6847

4 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

For those looking for rooms in Cardiff for the Speedway GP, Premier Inn have just announced the launch of low cost rooms and Cardiff if the first place to offer them. Called ZIP rooms and from £19 per night for 2 persons. The Cardiff Zip hotel is on the east of the city centre, probably 30 min walk from the stadium.

https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/zip.html?rid=2783715&mid=123685200&CID=EMC_MKT_BAU_getmore_NULL_NULL_20190307_DM6847

Fully booked Saturday September 21st !!!!!!! Available Friday 20th

Edited by racers and royals

Where is best place to sit, if paying about 40 quid? Have sat in 29/39 quid seats but too high up for the couple we are going with who are 70. Looking to drive, but park in city centre not park n ride at CCFC.

6 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Where is best place to sit, if paying about 40 quid? Have sat in 29/39 quid seats but too high up for the couple we are going with who are 70. Looking to drive, but park in city centre not park n ride at CCFC.

Wife and I went 3 years running 2013-2015 and sat in £19 seats, yes they were in the 3rd tier on the 3rd bend, got a splendid view. We did the stairs, but there is a lift.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Wife and I went 3 years running 2013-2015 and sat in £19 seats, yes they were in the 3rd tier on the 3rd bend, got a splendid view. We did the stairs, but there is a lift.

Cheers, didnt know there was a lift.19 quid sounds reasonable.

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:11 PM, mickthemuppet said:

I seem to remember that at one time The individual world finals were held in  September and nobody ever complained about it

That was before the internet 

18 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Just checked on the go website, the senior concession has gone up to £20. I think that is a bargain for a go, never mind a go at a great stadium. Don’t think you get a seat on the start gate area, but I was always a 3rd bend Belle Vue fan. There is lots of choice and I used to phone to book my seats and ask for end of row seats so ease of getting out to go to loo. Mind, I used to book very early so had that choice available.

re the lift, they not going to stick seniors up on the 3rd tier without easy access. As I said, the lift was their, but we could make the stairs, I appreciate others can’t.

you could always phone to book your ticket and make an enquiry.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:46 PM, auntie doris said:

There is also an escalator near the main gates which right up to level 3 we use it every year, it really is a great view

• Like 1

Looking forward to it this year, last time we left straight away after final to head back to Sheffield but this time staying over for 2 nights so can enjoy without having to think about the drive home :t:

• 2 months later...